Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning my lift and there seems to be two schools of thought on fixing castor: add geometry correction brackets vs. get new control arms. Pros and Cons?

Sounds like the brackets are cheaper, but some people worry that clearance is impacted by them. Other say not so since the brackets are so close to the tire.

Okay, let's say clearance is not an issue. Are there other reasons to favor new control arms over the geometry correction brackets? Thx all for your thoughts.

·
Registered
10,546 Posts
I had the AEV brackets before and my new jeep has a RK max travel kit.
To me.... It Drives identical. I just hated getting caught up on deep ruts with the drop brackets.

Last, I favor control arms with misalignment since it minimizes binding. Once you bind, you'll have that "pucker" moment during flex situations.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
They perform two different functions. The brackets flatten the angle of the control arms back to near stock. As a result they move the control arms forward to some degree with brings back your Caster angle to some degree. In contrast, adjustable control arms allow you to fine tune your Caster to where you want it and if you have both top and bottom you can move your axle forward to its original position and fine tune the balance between Caster and pinion angle.

Ideally you want both. But of a 2.5" lift sometimes you can get away with just the brackets. The disadvantage of the adjustable control arms is cost and added maintenance of the joints but they for taller lifts they are a necessity.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts