Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a 2" lift. I got about 2.25". Most people say you don't need ACAs or geometry correction brackets with that small of a lift, but I'm finding it wants to wander while I'm driving and it takes constant corrections to stay in my lane.

Attachments

·
Registered
324 Posts
I would take it and have it aligned. I just lifted mine saturday with a 2.5" lift and installed the geometry brackets, it still wants to pull to the right some......I'm getting it aligned wednesday

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
just based on the photos looks like you are running fairly high psi I would lower down to 28psi or so and see how it feels. makes a big difference on mine if psi is too high. I Also agree with kjeeper10's post .

AEV says if you have less then 5.5" from flat of spring perch to bottom of frame not to use the geo brackets. Not sure on rancho's recommendations.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know why it flipped those two pics upside down. I'm only running 30 psi. I plan to chalk test. If the toe was off wouldn't it have wandered before the lift? I only have 7k miles.

·
Registered
588 Posts
My 2013 wandered with only a 2.5"BB installed aev geo correction brackets and now i can drive hwy at 70 with 1 finger on the wheel. I measured my castor and i'm at 4.5 with the brackets at the 2.5" setting.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
My front 2 inch lift had sagged to about 1.75 inches over stock with my winch on the front. I added a set of .75 inch spacers and the Rancho brackets. That put me within the 2.5 inch lift range for the brackets and it did noticeably improve the ride quality.

See sig link for the components.

Mike

·
Registered
324 Posts
My 2013 wandered with only a 2.5"BB installed aev geo correction brackets and now i can drive hwy at 70 with 1 finger on the wheel. I measured my castor and i'm at 4.5 with the brackets at the 2.5" setting.

I haven't measured my castor, but like Wheelerbob, driving 70 on the hwy is pretty effortless with my AEV brackets installed....

·
Registered
83 Posts
We did 2.5" Teraflex Coil lit with a TF Adj track bar front and AEV Geometry Brackets. Jeep handles as well as stock if not better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts