Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have had the jeep since Labor Day 2014. The plan was to buy a 2007-8 JKU or 2 door and my buddy kept telling me I needed a 2012 or newer. Well that killed my weekend fun vehicle budget so I went for used 2012 then saw a 2015 would only be $3-4000 more. I had plans for a 2.5 inch lift 33s on 17 inch wheels. Then I saw the one in the back of the showroom with the doors off, 3.5 inch lift, 35s and the last 2014 on the lot. I walked out, well drove out, of there paying $36k and felt good about my impulse purchase. I did like the fact that the dealer had the lift and all installed by the ship that did my lift on my 94 Sahara back in the day so that was good. So my build starts with a little more of a lift than I planned and bigger wheels and tires but I like it.

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here it was in the showroom and driving it off the showroom floor. Kinda cool. I remember when my sis got her first car off the show room floor. I though that was the coolest thing when I was 10!

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So next game side rails so my niece, sisters and other ladies in my life to get into the jeep easier. I also got a six piece set of braided grab handles jeep fest in Jasper Georgia last September. Red and black of course. My buddy who talked me into getting a 2012 or newer jeep has a son who works at a jeep shop. So I let him do a lot of the work he has done some really great jeep builds and does fantastic work. Amazing how a lift and all the tools you need makes the job look so much easier.

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I decided to remove the stickers one night after football practice. A hair dryer, credit card and goof off made quick work of it. A quick wash and bit of wax and all smooth again.

image-3398515836.jpg

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Like everyone else I spent hours over about two months searching for what bumpers I wanted to get and I finally decided on the OR fab mid front and their standard rear. They have a rear that has LED lights but I really didn't like the look of it so I just decide to go with the one without. I had my buddies son do the work over at the jeep shop. Also put on an Old Man Emu steering stabilizer.

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now for the controversial mod. Coming from my Mustang background I had to do something about the exhaust and I know all of you that do a lot of off-roading will scoff at the setup, not enough clearance and all but I like the look and as most of you say it is my jee so do what I like. Magnaflow custom exhaust with Red Tail exhaust tips. Tips were $150 muffler and install was 250 so $400 still cheaper than the Gibson or Magnaflow all in one and looks better I think.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Exhaust

Now for the controversial mod. Coming from my Mustang background I had to do something about the exhaust....
AWESOME RIG! :punk: I think they look SICK!!! AWESOME WORK! I come from a muscle car background too. There is no better sound than an unrestricted performance exhaust system. In fact I just did the same mod to my rig yesterday. I went with the Gibson Metal Mulisha and couldn't be happier.

See you around,
-Jase

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AWESOME RIG! :punk: I think they look SICK!!! AWESOME WORK! I come from a muscle car background too. There is no better sound than an unrestricted performance exhaust system. In fact I just did the same mod to my rig yesterday. I went with the Gibson Metal Mulisha and couldn't be happier. See you around, -Jase
Thanks Jase. Yeah I may remove the resonator. My exhaust guy said I would want it louder...her is right!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok so I lost some height with my bumpers so thinking of a leveling kit or new springs. Leveling kit price wise is much better. Any thoughts? Also fenders are coming. I am thinking of bushwacker flats or warrior products tube. To save on weight I think I want the flats.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That is one sharp looking rig. I would've bought that off the floor too. Even better now with the bumpers, OR fab is real nice. Did you add the TF tire carrier or did the dealer do that?
it was on already. I am not sure if I would have got it other wise right off. But glad it is on there.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
I just saw the pics of your red rig and I'm in love. I have been on the fence about the lift for 3 months - 2.5 or 3.5. The bumpers I am ordering are JCR Vanguard (full) front and rear. No immediate plans for a winch but I'll still be adding 80lbs front and probably 120lbs rear with bumper/tire carrier and my wheels. I think your setup looks amazing! Did you re-gear with the 35's? (assuming you have 3.73)..

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just saw the pics of your red rig and I'm in love. I have been on the fence about the lift for 3 months - 2.5 or 3.5. The bumpers I am ordering are JCR Vanguard (full) front and rear. No immediate plans for a winch but I'll still be adding 80lbs front and probably 120lbs rear with bumper/tire carrier and my wheels. I think your setup looks amazing! Did you re-gear with the 35's? (assuming you have 3.73)..
Thanks man yours will look awesome lifted! I would go 3.5, you will get a drop from your bumpers and winch,
I talked with the guys at fortec here in Atlanta today and once I get my winch I am doing a leveling kit to get my height back. I was going to go with the OR fab full width but wanted to change my fender flares and I don't like the full width with flares. If my fenders were painted like yours I would have done full width, I think it will look bad ass! Haven't changed my gears yet. It pulls fine right now and if I need more I just drive my other vehicle!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I really like your exhaust! Must have been a cool feeling to drive it off the showroom floor.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I really like your exhaust! Must have been a cool feeling to drive it off the showroom floor.
yeah I remember watching my sister pull her navy blue 1981 Honda prelude off the floor and U.S. drive off in it when I was 10!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got the front windows tinted. Not a performance mod but looks goo, actually really good and keeps it cooler with the windows up. Worst thing is it was 82 today and I couldn't put the windows down.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts