Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can purchase the gerry cans that fit the two factory gas can holders on the back of my jeep. At least i think those are gas can holders.

Thanks,
Wes

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Those are not holders
that is your rear bumper

Check your local laws on where
you can carry jerry cans

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm...suppose if gas cans were in those then being rear ended might not be such a good thing :doh:

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I have wanted to instill one also
in front of door maybe
they do make a tire carrier
combo with gerry can holders

·
that's what she said
16,481 Posts
oh, the bumperettes. i don't think they are actually made for gerry cans, but you might be acbe to fab something up to make it work. i think they are on there only for protection purposes.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
correctamundo. they are there for protection only.

·
Registered
422 Posts
the two semi rounded holders on either end of the rear bumper.

Those are not holders
that is your rear bumper

Check your local laws on where
you can carry jerry cans
hmm...suppose if gas cans were in those then being rear ended might not be such a good thing :doh:
I have wanted to instill one also
in front of door maybe
they do make a tire carrier
combo with gerry can holders
oh, the bumperettes. i don't think they are actually made for gerry cans, but you might be acbe to fab something up to make it work. i think they are on there only for protection purposes.
correctamundo. they are there for protection only.
i dont know about you guys, but the town i live it has gas stations.......so the only time ima run a gerry can is on the trail......and im not really sure whos gonna rear end you on a trail.......?

im juss sayin....

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
they are still not gas can holders..............only bumpers.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Funny thread =P

·
Registered
14 Posts
They are called nerf bumpers. Like when you get hit they 'nerf'. Like a squishy ball. Harbor Freight Tools has the steel Jerry cans you're asking about.

·
Vendor
5,537 Posts
:hijacked:
For some reason, this thread reminded me of a problem I've been having. The cup holder on my computer is all goobered up. It keeps sliding back in.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
:hijacked:
For some reason, this thread reminded me of a problem I've been having. The cup holder on my computer is all goobered up. It keeps sliding back in.
Thats a cup holder? Iv been trying to nuke those little pizzas in it but they wont fit.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
vas ist tj?

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
i dont know about you guys, but the town i live it has gas stations.......so the only time ima run a gerry can is on the trail......and im not really sure whos gonna rear end you on a trail.......?

im juss sayin....
You have to get to and from the trail. Most accidents happen in a given radius from your house!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts