Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced one of my JKU‘ S with a JLUR with LED option. Lifted the Jeep 3 inches and put on 37‘s. Lowered the LED headlights to three vertical feet at 25 feet in front of the jeep. Still got flashed constantly. Lowered the headlights further, don’t get flashed anymore, but my sight distance is very bright for a limited distance and pitch black above that, probably in part because the LEDs are so bright within their range.
At this point I am wishing I did not have the LEDs.
Anybody have similar issues, solutions?
Are the JL fender LEDs perhaps contributing to the problem, combining with properly adjusted headlights to make others flash you?

·
Registered
9 Posts
What is your beam pattern at 25 feet? Maybe you have already done that but if the beam pattern is off meaning not horizontal but spread that would cause light to blind others. How about posting a few pictures and see if we can figure this out. Most over the road trucks have their lights low for a reason. Yours from your description are now pointing down which isn't allowing the lights to function well because of that angle. Just some thoughts...

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good thoughts. The lights have not been altered from factory delivery other than adjustment to the factory vertical adjustment screw on either side of the radiator and I have not noticed that the spread horizontally is off but I can look closer.
I will give raising the passenger light a little bit more a shot, thanks.
As you note, part of the problem is just that the lights set so high on the body of the Jeep, and if you have a lift then at every stoplight you are lighting up the entire interior of the car in front of you. Sort of embarrassing, especially when the rear seat passengers keep turning around to look at you, never had the problem with the crummy lights on my lifted JK.

·
Modern Day Warrior
1,069 Posts
I think part of the problem is that the LEDs on newer vehicles are just generally brighter and people aren't used to it. I don't know if you are actually blinding them or if they see your lights brighter than they expect and therefore think you must have your high beams on (even though you don't) and then they flash you to say "hey dummy, you're brights are on).
I have noticed that the headlight of opposing traffic definitely seems brighter these days, but it's not blinding me unless it's one of those kids with there new 6000 watt light bar on their bumper that they like to turn on for no reason.

·
Administrator
17,239 Posts
We have the stock LED on our '18 JK and Procomp LED on the '14.

I've found the same issues on lifted Jeeps with big tires. They're adjusted low and we rarely, if ever, get flashed. I'd rather be courteous to other drivers. Plus side is the output is still better than the stock non-LED.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts