Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Thought the same thing about this board, quiet. Most people hang out on FB and meetup to do wheeling around here. Am finding out that this state is great for expedition runs but very little rock crawling.

·
Registered
407 Posts
It is very quite, I haven’t been out in so long it’s almost time to get new tires they just been wearing down from pavement driving. ☹

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
391 Posts
Wow is it quiet on this forum for such a great state to go wheelin' in. No matter, If anyone is interested here is my latest route review... https://www.trailsoffroad.com/trails/3009-loop-boundary-road

Brian, just saw this and am glad you are getting out! Most guys just want to have fun and never share.

I've been poking around Death Valley now for about four years and have recently begun wanting to branch out to the great areas outside the park on the Nevada side, mostly a little further north along the state line in Esmeralda County. Do you have any experience up there? Since I drive up from San Diego I can't do day trips; I have to put together a 3 or 4-day itinerary.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brian, just saw this and am glad you are getting out! Most guys just want to have fun and never share.

I've been poking around Death Valley now for about four years and have recently begun wanting to branch out to the great areas outside the park on the Nevada side, mostly a little further north along the state line in Esmeralda County. Do you have any experience up there? Since I drive up from San Diego I can't do day trips; I have to put together a 3 or 4-day itinerary.
I've not been up there much. I've poked around Goldfield, Lida, and Gold Point, which is pretty much a ghost town with just a very few folks living there. There are numerous mining areas there. You can get to Gold Point from DVNP on a back road and loop back through Lida Junction to Crankshaft Junction. Perhaps we could meet up and do some exploring sometime?

·
Registered
391 Posts
I've not been up there much. I've poked around Goldfield, Lida, and Gold Point, which is pretty much a ghost town with just a very few folks living there. There are numerous mining areas there. You can get to Gold Point from DVNP on a back road and loop back through Lida Junction to Crankshaft Junction. Perhaps we could meet up and do some exploring sometime?

That would be great to connect sometime. If current plans hold my buddy and I will be headed up to do some ghost towns on the NE side of DV in January or February. Here's what I have so far:

1. Big Pine CA to Eureka Valley
  2. Sylvania Mtns, Cucumongo Valley, and Sylvania ghost town
  3. Now in Nevada
  4. Mining operations near Poison Spring
  5. Tule Canyon
  6. Gold Point ghost town
  7. Stateline ghost town
  8. Return to CA
  9. Crater ghost town in DV

We're usually doing this over 3-4 days and you're welcome to tag along one or more days once we hit Nevada.

Reactions: Off Pavement

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Keep me in mind.

That would be great to connect sometime. If current plans hold my buddy and I will be headed up to do some ghost towns on the NE side of DV in January or February. Here's what I have so far:

3. Now in Nevada
  5. Tule Canyon
  6. Gold Point ghost town
  7. Stateline ghost town
  8. Return to CA

We're usually doing this over 3-4 days and you're welcome to tag along one or more days once we hit Nevada.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll be planning the trip in a few months. Given that itinerary, where would you want to meet up with us?
Goldpoint would work well for me.

·
Registered
447 Posts

3. Now in Nevada
  5. Tule Canyon
  6. Gold Point ghost town
  7. Stateline ghost town
  8. Return to CA

Bear in mind, most of Gold Point is private property. They welcome visitors.

Gold Point Ghost Town, Bed & Breakfast - Goldpoint, Nevada

1 - 12 of 12 Posts