Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just purchased my jeep wrAngler unlimited last month and im only getting 12 mpg combined is that normal???
i have 18" kmc addict wheels with hankook dynapro M/T LT275/65R18

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont have a heavy foot so i dont know why its getting so low mpg's
do you think the tires are the problem of the mpgs

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Do you have 4.10s?

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
It's kinda late now, but 1st time wrangler owners should be required to spend 90 days on the this forum before even being allowed to go near a dealership.

1st, if that is not a Rubicon....you should remove the sticker. In your earlier pic, there are no rockrails or side steps on it (Rubi's come with rockrails), nor a Rubi sticker. And in the pic in this thread, there are now side steps on it.

It looks like you went to wider (and probably heavier) tires. It would be good to know your axle ratio....and from first glance, you wheels look taller than 32's....but the size you listed is for 32's. If they are indeed taller, was your speedo recalculated?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's kinda late now, but 1st time wrangler owners should be required to spend 90 days on the this forum before even being allowed to go near a dealership.

1st, if that is not a Rubicon....you should remove the sticker. In your earlier pic, there are no rockrails or side steps on it (Rubi's come with rockrails), nor a Rubi sticker. And in the pic in this thread, there are now side steps on it.

It looks like you went to wider (and probably heavier) tires. It would be good to know your axle ratio....and from first glance, you wheels look taller than 32's....but the size you listed is for 32's. If they are indeed taller, was your speedo recalculated?
i started this thread for help if your not gona help mind your own business if its a rubicon or a sport i bought mine cash so i can do whatever i want to it ✌

·
Registered
41 Posts
Haha...it's your jeep do whatever you want...

As for mpg's...that sounds really low. Are you checking mpg via the inboard computer or by calculating actual number of miles driven. I've got 37's and get 17+.

The 4.10 question was to understand what you gear ratio is. Are you driving flat areas or mountains.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haha...it's your jeep do whatever you want...

As for mpg's...that sounds really low. Are you checking mpg via the inboard computer or by calculating actual number of miles driven. I've got 37's and get 17+.

The 4.10 question was to understand what you gear ratio is. Are you driving flat areas or mountains.
im calculating it by #s and i mostly drive it in flat areas .. it seems way too low so i had to ask

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
im calculating it by #s and i mostly drive it in flat areas .. it seems way too low so i had to ask
If the tires are not stock and you did not recalibrate for them, it might be affecting it.

I have close to the same tires as you but mine were stock and came calibrated from the factory. I also have the 4.10 gears. I get 15.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If the tires are not stock and you did not recalibrate for them, it might be affecting it.

I have close to the same tires as you but mine were stock and came calibrated from the factory. I also have the 4.10 gears. I get 15.
when you say calibrated what do you mean ?
i bought my wheels from jeep they balanced them

·
Registered
57 Posts
Quadratec has a Superchips Flashcal. That will help. Then I get a cold air intake it gave me 4.8 mil a gallon. The Superchips will help with your tires side too. Have fun .

·
Registered
929 Posts
If you did not recalibrate your speedo to match your tire size your MPG, MPH and odometer will all be off. If its an auto your shift points will also be off. Look into buying a " ProCal" much cheaper than a flash cal.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
i just purchased my jeep wrAngler unlimited last month and im only getting 12 mpg combined is that normal???
i have 18" kmc addict wheels with hankook dynapro M/T LT275/65R18
I get 14 mpg combined with my 2013 JKU, with 35" Goodyear MTR/K tires, ... and a 6.4 Hemi under the hood. But, I have to run premium unleaded.

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
i started this thread for help if your not gona help mind your own business if its a rubicon or a sport i bought mine cash so i can do whatever i want to it ✌
Yes, it's your Jeep and you can do whatever you want to it, but it also helps to not be a d*ck to people your asking for help.

If it's a Rubicon, fine, those people who KNOW something about your Jeep would know IF IT'S A RUBICON what the gearing is and what the drivetrain is, if it's a sport you put poser rubi stickers on, then all that changes, and yes, they need to know to help.

What they meant by calibrate is, when you put big tires on it (thereby lifting it, like I said), if you didn't change the computer to know that you bought big-ass tires, then your computer still thinks your doing 30 MPH when your actually doing 35.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yes, it's your Jeep and you can do whatever you want to it, but it also helps to not be a d*ck to people your asking for help.

If it's a Rubicon, fine, those people who KNOW something about your Jeep would know IF IT'S A RUBICON what the gearing is and what the drivetrain is, if it's a sport you put poser rubi stickers on, then all that changes, and yes, they need to know to help.

What they meant by calibrate is, when you put big tires on it (thereby lifting it, like I said), if you didn't change the computer to know that you bought big-ass tires, then your computer still thinks your doing 30 MPH when your actually doing 35.
dude your the one came out talking about -1st take off the rubicon sticker im not a [email protected] to anyone i just talk to people how they come at me .. thanks for your help im just trying to see why the hell my jeep is getting low miles when i know alot of people that have 32s tires and getting around 16-17 the only difference is that i have Mud terrain tires and i mostly drive on the road lol

1 - 20 of 78 Posts