Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally made the decision to get a new jeep. Getting the base model Sport in black, really only adding air condition, automatic, upgraded soft top, and the Black Steel 31" Dueler Tire package. MSRP came to around 28,600. First time buying a jeep and I know dealerships can be sticklers on prices. Just curious what some of you thought would be a good and fair price for myself and the dealership. Obviously I want the lowest price so just curious since most of you guys have experience purchasing jeeps what you thought would be a good purchase price for the model I am wanting plus upgrades listed above. Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
625 Posts
You should be able to get it for around 7-9% off MSRP for a base sport depending on the dealership. So somewhere btw $26 and $26,600.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Finally made the decision to get a new jeep. Getting the base model Sport in black, really only adding air condition, automatic, upgraded soft top, and the Black Steel 31" Dueler Tire package. MSRP came to around 28,600. First time buying a jeep and I know dealerships can be sticklers on prices. Just curious what some of you thought would be a good and fair price for myself and the dealership. Obviously I want the lowest price so just curious since most of you guys have experience purchasing jeeps what you thought would be a good purchase price for the model I am wanting plus upgrades listed above. Thanks in advance for any help!
Go to TrueCar or NADA and build it. Find the invoice, shoot for around 5% under that. So get a little lower (The JKUR guys) and some get a little lower. Don't settle for paying invoice price or higher though.

·
Registered
98 Posts
To negotiate I used USAA pricing which is basically Trucar minus another $500 or so. I feel like I got a good deal compared to what I have read others paying... sticker was $40k and change, I got mine for $36,100, that price included a $500 bonus cash certificate, but not counting the dealer fee of $799. I know dealer fees are bogus but in Florida its easier to negotiate a price including the fee rather than try to get them to remove it entirely. Supposedly invoice was like right at $38k but I dont know if thats the true invoice or some BS number the dealer showed me lol. Of course there is less markup on the lower optioned versions, so take that into consideration.

·
Registered
84 Posts
When comparing dealers get total price, I found a $600 difference in doc/admin fees.
I ordered a 2016 sport AC auto 3.73 hard top
MSRP 29,225
Invoice 28,373
FFP 28,164 (what I qualified for)
EP 27,154

Price from dealer 27,585 before taxes and $280 doc fee

I ended up getting the best overall price from the smallest dealership in the area.

·
Registered
315 Posts
JKU Sport S, manual, dual top, connectivity, 3.73, alpine, limited slip, Sirius

MSRP: $36900
Invoice: $35498
Price: $33014
Plus $599 processing, tax and tags.

This is with the JG group buy at Koons in Vienna, VA. Super easy process!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts