Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed the pcv valve and hose to the air filter and it still has a lot of air breathing through the cap when removed. Any suggestions on a reason to this problem

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
You have air coming out the oil fill on the valve cover when it is running? That would be correct because the engine has air coming in from the air cleaner at the back of the valve cover. That is how the oil fumes are circulated to the intake to be burnt. So if you remove the oil fill while running air will come out.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Too much air coming from your oil filler indicates blow-by, air passing by the rings and down into the crank case. Have you checked compression of each cylinder? If you have a compression problem (low) try a can of Restore. It's amazing at how well it can restore compression in a high mileage engine.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a pretty good amount of air and yes it's while running. I was afraid it was a problem with the rings. I didn't do a compression test but I will look into it now. I have 214,000 miles on it and I'm hoping to keep it going STRONG! Thanks

·
Registered
704 Posts
It's a pretty good amount of air and yes it's while running. I was afraid it was a problem with the rings. I didn't do a compression test but I will look into it now. I have 214,000 miles on it and I'm hoping to keep it going STRONG! Thanks
Buy a can of Restore at WalMart or wherever. It's amazing stuff.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Used restore yesterday gonna check to see if the air slowed down. How often do you use it? It says to do it with every oil change on the can

1 - 7 of 7 Posts