Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ive learned on here as well as from word of mouth from some jeeper friends that have had this problem, the problem being the Throw-out bearing on the clutch is squeaking....ive been to jeep about it and told them what it is they just keep saying yaya and checking other things not finding the problem or giving me the whole "couldnt replicate the problem" routine....pretty simple start the car open the window push the clutch in and out and listen for the squeak on and off

Is there a technique to talking to the service reps or something that im missing, some sort of code lol.....i personally think there just being lazy as changing that bearing means splitting the tranny from the engine

·
..shall not be infringed!
4,666 Posts
Take the service writer out to your Jeep and do what you just described. It'll be pretty hard for them to shine you on if you can hear the noise and they are standing right there......

·
Registered
848 Posts
I've had this same issue on my ford focus and my honda civic too with the same resolution from both dealers. They call it normal clutch chatter. It seems to be the norm on manuals these days even though there's nothing normal about it.

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts