Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 17 JKU with the Alpine system. Sounds amazing and best stock system I think I have ever had...but between songs or when changing stations...if the volume is up over 20..you can hear feedback or like white noise though the speaks..not super loud but you can defiantly faintly hear it. It comes through all of them and I notice it changes when i stream audio from my BT or XM.

Streaming though phone has less feedback then when listening to stations on XM. Is this normal? My mom has the same model and the Alpine system so I am going to listen to hers to see if it does it as well.

Just wanted to see if anyone has come across this.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
My '16 doesn't have the issue.

Any other electrical accessory mods/upgrades that may have upped the noise floor on your Jeep?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My '16 doesn't have the issue.

Any other electrical accessory mods/upgrades that may have upped the noise floor on your Jeep?
Nope..nothing...just got it on Tuesday so no internal mods

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just checked my Moms 17 and hers has the same sound as mine at least on XM...so guess not an issue

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
I have a 17 JKUS - just tested it and I hear what you are hearing - and now I will agonize over it now that I know that its there... thx a lot ;-)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a 17 JKUS - just tested it and I hear what you are hearing - and now I will agonize over it now that I know that its there... thx a lot ;-)
It's like a hissing right? And I noticed. It's only on the left side. It's not on my right side. Can you confirm this as well?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will probably bring it up during my first oil change in another 4K to see if anything can be done...but since mine... yours and my mother's does it. I feel like most if not all 17s may have it.

Now I always listen for it. It sucks finding issues when you love cars lol

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone else notice this with the Alpine system? Got 2 other 17s with it... seeing if there is more. Sounds like a possible ground issue or the HU just sucks... which it does

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WAnted to bump this again to see if anyone has heard of a fix for it or brought it up to the dealer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts