Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I bought a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Willy's Wheeler about a week ago or so.. I know its new.. and I took it off roading in Haspin Acres, Indiana. And on the way back to Ohio I quickly realized that she started shaking (not like a death wobble but enough to piss me off) at 45-50 Mph and higher. It gets worse as I continue to accelerate. Its Sunday now so all I was able to do was take it to Jiffy Lube and have them look underneath to atleast see if I was missing any wheel weights or if anything was broken and they said everything looked good underneath. I washed the every living dog shit out of her to get mud that was caked in the wheel and underneath off.

About my Jeep... I have done nothing to it. No lift kit or tire swap.

Please help! Any advice or even getting me in the right direction would be awesome and greatly appreciated. Thank you!

-Dan

EDIT 1: Only 500 miles on the jeep.. bought her brand new.

·
Vendor
5,579 Posts
As a starting point right this minute, rotate your tires in the driveway and drive her again. See if the shaking moves to new location. I am sure there will be others that chime in. Also, check to make sure your rotors are not warp when you rotate the tires. Check the torgue of the track bar.

Does it make a difference when turning left or right?

Good luck.

·
Registered
992 Posts
The stock tires are known for cupping, and depending on how long yours was sitting at the dealer and how many miles are on your jeep, that could be it. Mine was actually so bad I had to go get an alignment and swap them out. Good excuse to go big!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ill go out and rotate the tires and inspect things a little more. But for your question, turning left or right doesn't change a thing. It wont shake at all until I hit about 45mph and increase as I accelerate. Anything under 40mph is just another drive down the street. Smooth and easy.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Tires are out of balance or you bent a wheel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She lives to see another trail. I figured it out.. There was a bunch of mud caked on the weights on the inside of the wheel. Went over to the wash rack next to my house and took each tire off and sprayed all the mud and crap off. Took her down the highway and no more shake! Thanks for all the help you guys.

·
RETIRED MODERATER
35,351 Posts
You either have a bad tire, or a tire balance issue.
If you feel it more in the steering wheel, then it is a front.
If you feel in more in your seat and floor board, then it is a rear.

Once that you isolate front or rear, then try your spare on that axle. It may take two try's, but you should find which tire it is this way.......:thumb:

I should have read Post #6 first......:facepalm:

·
RETIRED MODERATER
35,351 Posts
She lives to see another trail. I figured it out.. There was a bunch of mud caked on the weights on the inside of the wheel. Went over to the wash rack next to my house and took each tire off and sprayed all the mud and crap off. Took her down the highway and no more shake! Thanks for all the help you guys.
^^^I see that you found the problem......:thumb:
Yep, mud and or snow will throw them out of balance!!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts