Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a guy that drives around my house on occasion that owns an 1980-something Honda Prelude with 30 inch bfg all-terrains and a HUGE exhaust pipe that makes it sound insanely cool! I wasn't really planning on getting one, but that being said does anybody have any experience or thoughts on them?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
seriously? or is this a joke

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
i mean, the all terrains are ok, fart cannon not so much...i actually saw a station wagon with bfg at's once lol

·
Motorized toy collector
3,763 Posts
1980-something Honda with a HUGE exhaust pipe that makes it sound insanely cool!
Yep, that's your everyday ricer fart can. You really think that sounds cool?

Turn your hat around forward, pull up your pants, and don't put a fart can on your Jeep!! lol

Seriously though, there is not enough room on a Wrangler to hang a can on it. It will get destroyed anyway if you plan on taking it off road. There are a lot of quality aftermarket cat back systems that will give your Jeep a better sound, without being raspy and obnoxious.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lol definatly not for the jeep... I was just wondering if anybody actually has one one theirs haha

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Really depends on the engine that it's behind. Naturally aspirated 4cyls sound terrible no matter what exhaust you run. ;)
i have a 4 cylinder with magnaflow exhaust...cant tell you how many people pull up beside me or just talk in general to me and say "man those 4.0s sound good with some exhaust"

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Really depends on the engine that it's behind. Naturally aspirated 4cyls sound terrible no matter what exhaust you run. ;)
Not quite true. I've had two different Saturns in the past that I had the HKS designed catback kit on them. They actually sounded pretty good. No fart canon sound at all (I HATE that sound).

Most of what you see driving around though is some idiot that chopped their stock muffler off and put a fart canon on the end of stock piping and resonator. That is NEVER going to sound good. On top of that, the round "fart canon" mufflers are really more for FI applications if I understood correctly things I've read in the past.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts