Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
View attachment 439

View attachment 440

A little fun we had on Sat. the first YJ tried hard to gain this obstacle, and failed, broke his right rear axle shaft. We pulled him out of there, and had him fixed after a couple of long hours. Replaced his axle shaft, on the trail, after pulling the broken one out. It took a magnet to get all the pieces out of the tube. First time I had seen this done on a D-35c axle, especially on the trail, and he also had lockers. That was some good work by one of our club members. The Ford Expedition in the pix, almost rolled over, the stump caught him by the tie rod, and held him in place while we got him winched. That stump is the same one in all the shots. It has torn up more vehicles than any other obstacle at this wheeling park.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
nice pics...looks like fun...that axle shaft is busted! but its good he got repaired for some more trail time (hopefully)

·
Registered
592 Posts
Great pics but where is your rig in those shots?

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hackle said:
Great pics but where is your rig in those shots?
4th picture down from the top. The red YJ with the black stinger, and flat tube fendors. You know, the one with 42" tires, and full hydraulic steering.......and the coilovers.......didn't think it was that hard to spot.......lol. The drivers side rear wheel is about 2.5 ft. lower than the front tire. Almost had it maxed out.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
Looks like a good run Blu. Did they get all your issues straightened out with the build?

And now that picture is a good lesson for D35 people to learn. If you wheel it will break. :D

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1BLKJP said:
Looks like a good run Blu. Did they get all your issues straightened out with the build?

And now that picture is a good lesson for D35 people to learn. If you wheel it will break. :D
It does seem to be running better now, I guess the computor learns as you go. I did get everything tightened up on the links, even replace some himes. They were able to find some Grade 10.9 bolts to replace the bent 8.9 bolts. SAE is grade 8 vs. grade 5 that came with the kit. It did real well Saturday, and nothing is loose. I am happy with it now. Also, the D35 is the same one I have been talking about in other posts. That is the YJ we took to Moab, with 35" tires, Deep V Klune, locked both ends. He has wheeled that Jeep for 3yrs like that, and finally broke an axle. I told him he was blessed. He is a very careful, and good wheeler though, and I am sure that is why it lasted as long as it did.

Thanks for asking Bro.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Sorry I missed the pic the first time as it was red just like the pics above it. Do they sell any color other then red in your area? :)
BTW you need to head out to AZ to test that thing. We will set you up with a couple good test runs:eek:

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
Hackle said:
Sorry I missed the pic the first time as it was red just like the pics above it. Do they sell any color other then red in your area? :)
BTW you need to head out to AZ to test that thing. We will set you up with a couple good test runs:eek:
Ha, nice segway Hackle. Don't worry Blu, I'm fearing Hackle's reprisal as well. I'm finally locked up front now and Joe told me to be ready for more fun than I've ever had (I'm reading ending up shiny side down into his vicious laugh) :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
1BLKJP said:
Ha, nice segway Hackle. Don't worry Blu, I'm fearing Hackle's reprisal as well. I'm finally locked up front now and Joe told me to be ready for more fun than I've ever had (I'm reading ending up shiny side down into his vicious laugh) :D

Well, Lets start the fun then!

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1BLKJP said:
I look forward to hooking up with you guys out there in Phoenix, that is for sure. All I need is some more seat time in this new ride, and I'll be ready. I really appreciate the moral support you guys have given me. I need to call Joe, and thank him for all the time and help that he put into this project as well. He is quite the humanitarian, the way he was going to bat for me. You are a great bunch of guys.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
1WHTJP said:
Well, Lets start the fun then!
HA, I tried to get you to flop on Saturday night. But you just wouln't do it and then that ledge that beat up your windshield frame got in the way. :D

You know it's going to happen sometime boss man. :D

·
Registered
592 Posts
1BLKJP said:
HA, I tried to get you to flop on Saturday night. But you just wouln't do it and then that ledge that beat up your windshield frame got in the way. :D

You know it's going to happen sometime boss man. :D
1WHTJP
If Jack got you in trouble you do not want to follow our group:eek: , for that matter Jack may end up back on the injured reserve soon:D

·
Registered
592 Posts
BTW Jack we have already punched your ticket for this e ticket ride. "GOT ROCK LIGHTS?":D

Collateral Damage

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
Hackle said:
1WHTJP
If Jack got you in trouble you do not want to follow our group:eek: , for that matter Jack may end up back on the injured reserve soon:D
HA, It was his own fault. He's the one that decided to punch the gas and the brake at the same time. :D

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
Hackle said:
BTW Jack we have already punched your ticket for this e ticket ride. "GOT ROCK LIGHTS?":D

Collateral Damage
Yeah, I've already been informed about my participation on Collateral Damage. Gotta pick up a couple new tires first and then I'm all over it. And there's no need for anyone else to have rock lights since you and Joe have those monster 8" cornea burners on the front of your junk. :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hackle said:
1WHTJP
Yes, gas and brake at the same time don't work when going down an obsticle.

So i'm not invited then?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts