Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the other day my GF asked me if we could trade vehicles, she wanted to give me her Hyundai and take my Jeep to work. Of course I told her it wansnt gonna happen. Then she proceeded to try to guilt me into the trade, I thought you loved me, I should be able to take the Jeep anytime, I thought I meant more to you than the Jeep, etc. Needless to say it didn't work, not only would I not drive the Hyundai but I love the Jeep too much to allow the trade. But of course I didn't tell HER that, I explained it as she drives further and the Jeeps gets worse milage, and parking in downtown is bad, more expensive to fill up. All I got was yea uhuh

What do you guys say when your significant other tries to steal your Jeep?

·
Hardcore Jeeper
3,320 Posts
Leggo my eggo... Oh wait. Ummm... Back of B**ch, shes mine.

Theres always the You can have mine if I get a new one...

Get your own.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
Well, my significant other loves Jeeps so much I ordered her a 10 Rubi and loaded it with options plus a ton of Mopar accessories. I suggest you do the same.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kik said:
Well, my significant other loves Jeeps so much I ordered her a 10 Rubi and loaded it with options plus a ton of Mopar accessories. I suggest you do the same.
Lol I think she just wants it to prove a point that what's mine is hers and what's hers is hers. And I said that about getting her one and she said no she just wants mine

·
Hardcore Jeeper
3,320 Posts
You could always try I bought the jeep so I wouldn't have to drive little cars anymore.

You could try explaining that you have drivingshortcaraphobia (driving-short-car-aphobia) and you don't feel comfortable driving anything that has a seat hight of less than 18" or 24"

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
Lol I think she just wants it to prove a point that what's mine is hers and what's hers is hers. And I said that about getting her one and she said no she just wants mine
And your point? The sooner you reconcile yourself with that concept the happier you'll be in the long run. :rofl:

·
Registered
500 Posts
I'm buying a manual.

My wife can't drive a manual :rofl:

·
Registered
293 Posts
This may sound harsh, but if that's her attitude towards things I'd dump her. I don't know the whole story in your situation, but I've seen her type before. The type that manipulates, whines and dramatizes in order to get her way.

Right now it's the Jeep that she wants you to give up, next it may be your friends, your passions, your space, or anything else she feels is less important than her needs. I really hope I'm wrong about your specific situation but this is how it comes across from the way you have described it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like the insurance one. But most insurances will cover as long as you give permission.

And some things are sacred

·
Registered
170 Posts
LOL Just keep her til you get old an gray like me and then she will not want to drive your Jeep. Married to my wife for 40 years and she has always hated to drive all my Jeeps. That has always been a good thing to me so I have just kept buyin' em.

Reactions: JK76

·
Hardcore Jeeper
3,320 Posts
I'm buying a manual.

My wife can't drive a manual :rofl:
This is what my dad does. My mom refuses to drive a manual after trying to learn ing the 70's... says it too much thinking when driving...

·
Banned
1,259 Posts
First of all, you said "girlfriend" and not "wife". Therefore, I would drop that idea of getting her ANY vehicle on your dime. If you ever broke up that would be pretty messy.

Stand your ground. A man's vehicle defines him and if you are so willing to give up a piece of you (your jeep) then... well you'll be classed as really whipped.
Just be honest. Everyone knows how their vehicle drives and they often feel comfortable driving it because it's what they are use to. You are use to you jeep and you feel comfortable driving it. And if she LOVES you, she should respect you enough to let you drive YOUR jeep. End of story.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well just got a msg about a new BMW, so now maybe she won't want the Jeep now.

But I don't think it's worth a breakup over, she did buy my tires when i lifted it so I wouldn't look funny driving around with a lift, flat flares and 32" tires

·
Hardcore Jeeper
3,320 Posts
One of my friends girlfriends bought him a PS3 when they were new for $700 for his birthday. They broke up a month later. He still has the PS3.

·
Registered
293 Posts
That's a slick move on her part. Buy the tires, then try to take the Jeep. If you're not going to end it with her, I'd at least be very observant of her actions and stand your ground. It sounds like she is already in the process of whipping you real good.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I had to buy my wife a new JK Rubi just to get her to stop stealing mine. A few months after that I bought my son a Sahara. Needless to say, the local dealership likes us very much. My other son turns 16 this year...guess what he wants? It's a frickin disease I tell ya!

Referring to a classic post, I hope your GF is not a "dreambreaker"

·
I do my own stunts.
3,012 Posts
Funny you should ask. I'm driving the wife's Nissan 350Z today. This is the first time we've swapped vehicles for a whole day since I got my JK nearly two years ago. She wanted it because she's got a long (er than her usual 3 mile) drive today and feels safer on the highway in a bigger vehicle. I initially denied her request, using some lame excuses like "Just take the Excursion" (our Ford, which she doesnt' like driving because it's too big), and "I'm in the process of diagnosing a noise under the Jeep" (which was true, but I had just solved it a couple of hours prior), and "I might give you a flat with your skinny tires because I'm not used to avoiding pot holes...and sidewalks". Well the "sad lost puppy" look got me again, and I gave in. Anyway, the Z is a pretty sweet ride too.

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Wait.. why are you dating a girl who doesn't own her own Jeep?

1 - 20 of 91 Posts