Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plastidip my wheels today black.
Am looking for ideas I want to add red accents on the wheel.
I thought about having decals made for each spoke like a 5 inch long and from 0 to like 1 inch wide at the top with it radius at the top.
Then I was thinking about trying to find something I could maybe glue on or 3m tape on each spoke and paint it red.
So post some ideas.
Thx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
345 Posts
Doing it this week (plasti-dip). Have an '05 TJ Rubi with the 16" Moab wheels. I'm going to do the black matte like you, but leave the center caps and lug nuts off when I do it to have a silver/black contrast between the wheels and the caps and lug nuts.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doing it this week (plasti-dip). Have an '05 TJ Rubi with the 16" Moab wheels. I'm going to do the black matte like you, but leave the center caps and lug nuts off when I do it to have a silver/black contrast between the wheels and the caps and lug nuts.

Ya I want a little more red on the black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
you definitely need to add something(red lugs?) to your wheels, cuz right now all I see is Bozo the Clowns nose

Reactions: jpaschal01

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
IMO a very thin red pinstripe approximately 1/4-1/2 inch in from the outer perimeter.
Subtle. Less is more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts