Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
well here we go...the moment of truth....will I consider buying one.....

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I heard a rumor it was starting in the 30k range
My suspicion is that a base model sport will start in the high 30's. But as soon as you start adding even a few options it will get into the 40's pretty quick. I would expect a Rubicon to start in the high 40's but get into the 50's with only one or two options.

They lure you in with a "starting in the 30's/40's/whatever" but when you go to buy the one equipped the way you want, it's several thousands more.

·
Registered
597 Posts
My suspicion is that a base model sport will start in the high 30's. But as soon as you start adding even a few options it will get into the 40's pretty quick. I would expect a Rubicon to start in the high 40's but get into the 50's with only one or two options.

They lure you in with a "starting in the 30's/40's/whatever" but when you go to buy the one equipped the way you want, it's several thousands more.
Don't forget the "Destination Charge" which in most cases they don't even mention in their press releases. Then add the infamous "Dealer Fee" and that starting price now looks like science fiction.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Don't forget the "Destination Charge" which in most cases they don't even mention in their press releases. Then add the infamous "Dealer Fee" and that starting price now looks like science fiction.
Of course, and it's always "plus tax, title, and license"...

·
Registered
154 Posts
Motor Trend Pricing $44K

Just saw it posted on the jeepgladiatorforum.com that the pricing (per Motor Trend mag) will start at an estimated $44K. If true, it would seem to follow the $2500+JLU equivalent pricing model (I.E JLU Rubicon $41445/JT Rubicon $44000).

·
Registered
305 Posts
I heard a rumor it was starting in the 30k range
Yeah, like a Tesla. Someday you'll see one of the $35k ones... Sadly, folks, supply and demand are things. Once, back in the 80s, there was this hot new car called the NSX. I saw one out front of a dealer and pulled in to drool. The salesman who approached knew I wasn't a customer, but came trotting out as an excuse to drool with me and chat about it.

The window sticker on that NSX was simplicity itself:
MSRP............60,000
Dealer Markup...$40,000
...............$100,000

They only had one, and if it was going to leave, they were going to make some serious coin off of it. And if someone wanted one right after it came out, well, there you go. The first Gladiator you see with real plates on it will have paid a lot.

·
Super Moderator
23,120 Posts
personally I think the prices are fair. Lower than I expected by a fair amount. These will sell no doubt about it.

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
Still $40k just for a Sport S with auto trans, add +$7k for a Rubicon. Means all the Rubicons you see will be $50k+ like JLU. But only +$2k upcharge from JL, Could’ve been worse

The $995 max tow package is actually a downright bargain

·
Registered
495 Posts
I just saw a story on yahoo that had the prices in it.
they were about 2000 to 3000 more than the equivalent JLU's

·
Registered
484 Posts
TFL posted a video saying there will be a special launch edition Gladiator. A Fully loaded Rubicon with special features for $60800.00 only 4000 will be made.
Around here they will put a $5000 market adjustment on everyone.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
I’d rock a stripper sport manual everything gator green for $35K sticker.

If I didn’t have two Jeep already I would place my order as soon as gator became available :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
You mean it isn't starting at $60K? You can actually get a cheap one? Now the usual suspects will have to find something else to bitch about. :lmao:
Indeed. If Jeep walked up and handed the whiners here a $20 bill they would complain that it wasn’t two $10s.

These prices are reasonable and I suspect they will sell quite well. I’d much prefer a JT Rubicon over a JL Rubicon for a premium of $2500 or thereabouts.

R

1 - 20 of 63 Posts