Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. New to the board as I wanted to see what Jeep folks thought about the new Gladiator. I always find production levels and pricing to be interesting when looking at these mid and full size trucks.

Do you think they could make as many Gladiators as they do Wranglers? Also, do you think they could make as many Rubicon's as a % of the Gladiators as they do Wranglers?

Anyways thanks for having me guys!

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I've seen lots of gushing about specs and accouterments but haven't seen any prices yet. Any of you?
They haven't released pricing yet.

And you better bet as soon as they do, everyone and their brother will go on a rant on how they're priced out of the market and why can't they sell one for a price "regular people" can afford... blah blah blah....

·
Registered
6,275 Posts

And you better bet as soon as they do, everyone and their brother will go on a rant on how they're priced out of the market and why can't they sell one for a price "regular people" can afford... blah blah blah....

$60K for Rubicon is my guess. Would rather have a Raptor. Losing cargo behind the rear seats would suck for me. I don’t need a bed. Too long to be practical for me.

·
Super Moderator
9,265 Posts
Hi guys. New to the board as I wanted to see what Jeep folks thought about the new Gladiator. I always find production levels and pricing to be interesting when looking at these mid and full size trucks.

Do you think they could make as many Gladiators as they do Wranglers? Also, do you think they could make as many Rubicon's as a % of the Gladiators as they do Wranglers?

Anyways thanks for having me guys!
:welcome: to the forum!

I doubt FCA will build as many Gladiators as Wranglers. FCA has stated that JT will be priced at a premium, which will limit affordability.

I saw the reveal of Gladiator this morning: while it looks very cool, it offers neither the work capability of a real pickup nor the off-road capability of a real Wrangler. It is what industry people call a "lifestyle" truck. Lifestyle trucks like Subaru Brat and Baja, Mitsubishi Raider and Honda Ridgeline never sold in large numbers.

·
Super Moderator
23,120 Posts
If the Rubicon JT comes in at $50Kish i would be all over one at more than that I will keep my recon.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Most speculation is that loaded Rubicons will approach $60K. A loaded JLU is around $55K. It was reported yesterday that prices will not be released until around the time the vehicle goes on sale "in the second quarter of 2019." I'm hoping for early leaks. I will be buying one...now I just have to decide if I want to wait for the "late availability" Gobi paint job.

Reactions: DeadStang

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Most speculation is that loaded Rubicons will approach $60K. A loaded JLU is around $55K. It was reported yesterday that prices will not be released until around the time the vehicle goes on sale "in the second quarter of 2019." I'm hoping for early leaks. I will be buying one...now I just have to decide if I want to wait for the "late availability" Gobi paint job.
The Gobi at the reveal looked mighty sweet. I'm very intrigued by the JT, but will give it a year or 2 to see what issues might need to get ironed out. Pricing is certainly of interest as well, but as seen with the frame weld issues on the JL, sometimes crappy things reveal themselves during the early going.

Unrelated: I wonder whether your local dealer would be interested in a kinda "rental" of your Scrambler. It would make for an excellent showroom exhibition. My local dealer currently has both a vintage Scrambler and Cherokee Chief in the showroom right now... quite the conversation pieces.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Assuming the price ranges being guessed at why wouldn't they offer a lower priced model? It seems like it would be great for the brand.

I suppose their business model and market expectations are being met based on current sales so maybe they don't feel a need???

·
Premium Member
16,895 Posts
In general, I think anyone vehicle shopping these days let's say after being out of it for the last 6-8 years is going to be shocked.
SUV's, Trucks, etc are - expensive.

I have had Tahoes, Suburbans, Landcruisers - I went looking before I got my JLUR and most of the above that interested me were well over $70k.

That is a lot of $$$ for a vehicle I don't care how much money you make. I can only speak for me but after a certain number it just feels weird.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
In general, I think anyone vehicle shopping these days let's say after being out of it for the last 6-8 years is going to be shocked.

I have had Tahoes, Suburbans, Landcruisers - I went looking before I got my JLUR and most of the above that interested me were well over $70k.

That is a lot of $$$ for a vehicle I don't care how much money you make. I can only speak for me but after a certain number it just feels weird.

This is exactly how I feel. We will need to replace the wife’s SUV in the next couple years and I have been warning her about the price since she’s a little cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
The best I can hope for is that the people buying these newer models treat them well and do not put much mileage on them.

Because I may be the "new" owner of one of them in about a decade.

LOL LOL. :)

·
Registered
291 Posts

So true, even with these crazy six/seven year auto loans, monthly payments can approach $1K. We still drive a 2004 Sequoia Limited in mint condition with 90K miles. (08’ JKU Sahara has 85K) I haven’t had a car payment in almost 10 years. When it’s time to replace the Sequoia, we’ll look at gently used SUVs. Let someone else take the depreciation hit when they drive it off the lot.

·
Premium Member
16,895 Posts
So true, even with these crazy six/seven year auto loans, monthly payments can approach $1K. We still drive a 2004 Sequoia Limited in mint condition with 90K miles. (08’ JKU Sahara has 85K) I haven’t had a car payment in almost 10 years. When it’s time to replace the Sequoia, we’ll look at gently used SUVs. Let someone else take the depreciation hit when they drive it off the lot.
The good news is (probably) the "need" to replace the Sequoia is pretty far down the road (pun) - those things run forever.
Nice vehicles. When gas is 2.59 a gallon at least :)

·
Super Moderator
23,120 Posts
just today I was noticing how many young people (mostly males) were driving new Duramax's, F250/350's, Ram 2500/3500's I was thinking dang these guys are driving rigs that cost more than my first house cost and nearly what my second house cost. I was wondering how they can afford them but I guess a 7 year loan at $1000/month yikes. I am old fashioned I think a $300 car payment for 5 years is over the top lol.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Assuming the price ranges being guessed at why wouldn't they offer a lower priced model? It seems like it would be great for the brand.

I suppose their business model and market expectations are being met based on current sales so maybe they don't feel a need???
The Sport and Sport S are the entry models.

Figure they will track similarly to the same JL trim level. So the sport will have the lowest cost and fewest features. And then it goes up from there. Each of the JT trims will probably be more than a JL. The base JLU starts around $38K or so. Figure the base JT starts at 40-42 or so.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts