Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the 2020 Gladiator shocks fit on a 2017 Willy's JK? I couldn't find anything in regards to issues. I would say the fronts should, but the rears are the main question due to the Gladiator having a bed.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,247 Posts
My question is WHY?

·
Registered
129 Posts
why don't you try it out and let us know! I imagine springs for a crew cab standard size bed will beat the hell out of you on a 2 door jk but that might be what you're after! or you could be fully armored and it may work perfect. That said they will provide lift when coupled with the springs. Anything fits anything with enough creativity. I say try it and let us know i bet there are some newly lifted gladiators out there who will give you a set of shocks they're tired of looking at. Report back and let us know!

·
Grumpy Old Guy
4,170 Posts
It would help to know the specs/rates on the Gladiator springs/shocks. Anyone?

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
No, they won't.

The JL/JT mounting systems are different than the JK's.

Reactions: USStrongman

·
Registered
20 Posts
JT has eyes on both ends. JK has stem tops IIRC. JKS, and I'm sure others, makes a converter to convert the top mount. I plan on buying a pair of JT Rubicon shocks in a week or so to replace my worn factory JK Rubicon shocks. If I remember, I'll update.

And yes, this is old, but Google brought me here. Hahaha

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Retired Moderator
102,513 Posts
JT has eyes on both ends. JK has stem tops IIRC. JKS, and I'm sure others, makes a converter to convert the top mount. I plan on buying a pair of JT Rubicon shocks in a week or so to replace my worn factory JK Rubicon shocks. If I remember, I'll update.

And yes, this is old, but Google brought me here. Hahaha

Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

·
Retired Moderator
102,513 Posts
Yes Sir, just NE of Phoenix. We have many trails down here in the Desert, and plenty more up in our Mountains. I have been very fortunate to live in AZ, for about 47 years.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
I'm stock height, they're a pair Fox shocks for only $200, my shocks are worn out, and also why not?

Why not? Because for $260ish you can get a set of MetalCloak Rocksport shocks that are designed/valved for your Jeep. Fox are pretty but I wouldn’t put them on my rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Why not? Because for $260ish you can get a set of MetalCloak Rocksport shocks that are designed/valved for your Jeep. Fox are pretty but I wouldn’t put them on my rig.

Well great, now I'm looking at the metal cloak shocks plus getting some relocation mounts just for fun...

·
Registered
20 Posts

The Rocksport shocks won't work on stock height. I was getting ready to buy so I messaged Metalcloak and was told they are designed for 2.5"+ lift.

I might be doing a lift soon anyways.

·
Registered
521 Posts
The days of cheap new OEM take-offs from JKs are over. I am running a set of take-offs on mine now as at 45k my stock ones were getting tired.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts