Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2020 Jeep Gladiator is going to race at this year’s Every Man Challenge during the King of the Hammers Desert Off-road race. Savvy Off-Road, an aftermarket shop based in Corona, California, is handling competition preparations, bringing all it’s expertise from earning five-consecutive Every Man Challenges from 2012 to 2016, and again in 2018.
Legendary race driver Robby Gordon, who boasts a decades-long racing career in the desert, NASCAR, IndyCar and many road racing series, and two-time King of the Hammers champion Erik Miller will handle driving duties, competing in the Spidertrax 4600 Stock Class. Gordon will be tasked with the high-speed portions of the course, while Miller will demonstrate Gladiator’s unmatched off-road capability in the tight rock sections of the famed Hammers trails. The race takes place February 6 at 8 a.m. PST in Johnson Valley, California. Behind the wheel of the Jeep Gladiator, Miller set the fastest time in the 4600 class yesterday on the two-mile qualifying course, besting the next closest competitor by more than 10 seconds.

·
Registered
6,013 Posts
There is a vid here, I think @olddogger posted it of the qualifying heat, earlier today. Good looking truck but far from stock.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
I dont follow the Hammer things but i seen this being spread around the internet. I dont know if this is true or not but if an 80's leaf sprung toyota beat it thats pretty sad considering how much money the dumped into building it.

fake news?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Big $$$ in the Toyota too !

·
Registered
151 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Wheelbase is the answer in KOH

Gladiator just like H3T is just a little too long and u will get stuck in weird places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
How much money does it take to prep a stock truck? What true "everyman" can reasonably expect to win a "stock" class against professionally "prepped" rigs?

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
236 Posts
It depends on how much u value your time and time of those who need to help u.

If pay in 12packs then not that expensive.
If u pay retail then it will add up quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Reactions: Bobnh
1 - 11 of 11 Posts