Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,167 Posts
Imagine how Happy these guys are.....

https://maximus-3.com/

:)
I think a lot of people will be happy. I would love one but on Sunday I looked at a JL that had am msrp of $58,000, I wonder what the base line msrp is going to be on a Rubicon Jt? I can see these running close to $65-70K loaded up.

·
Premium Member
16,895 Posts
I think a lot of people will be happy. I would love one but on Sunday I looked at a JL that had am msrp of $58,000, I wonder what the base line msrp is going to be on a Rubicon Jt? I can see these running close to $65-70K loaded up.
Wow one and Wow two....
Monkey says, "That Sucks"
IMG_20180901_182944.jpg

Having looked at Loaded F150's etc.... you are probably real close.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I need to see more. Based on those pics I am not sold just yet, seems really long/too long or at least it looks that way.

Reactions: American Jeeper

·
Registered
125 Posts
They need to put a 5.7 Hemi in this. The length of this thing still looks too long. If this ends up as long as a normal half ton, this will be a hard pass for me, and its towing would essentially be a mute point if its competing with half tons. Certain angles it looks not bad, others it looks odd. Definitely want to see one in person, being I am looking for something new and was leaning towards a truck this time anyways.

Reactions: 87_WhyJay

·
Registered
861 Posts
I think the back half is goofy looking. I expect 4 full size doors and a minimum 6' bed on a truck. This a JLU with a small bed. I reckon jeep missed the opportunity for this, i don't think it will sell well.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I think they had quite a challenge here. Too long and it limits off road capability. Too short and it really isn’t a very useful pickup. I think they should have kept the length if the JLU (maybe add 6 inches) make the cab a 1 1/2 door at largest, then put a little 4x4 bed back there.

·
Premium Member
16,895 Posts
We shall see. Time will tell. Proof will be in the puddin' ..... I think that about covers "cliche' Thursday"

·
Registered
142 Posts
They need to put a 5.7 Hemi in this. The length of this thing still looks too long. If this ends up as long as a normal half ton, this will be a hard pass for me, and its towing would essentially be a mute point if its competing with half tons. Certain angles it looks not bad, others it looks odd. Definitely want to see one in person, being I am looking for something new and was leaning towards a truck this time anyways.
I bet you that the those 7000lbs is with the Diesel.

·
Registered
481 Posts
This is great!! It'll tow up to 7650 lbs and carry up to 1600 lbs. So it works for everything that I need it for... wooohooo!!

Now... let's see where they price it... Will be great to compare it to the ZR2 Bison Diesel from Chevy...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hmm, I happen to like the look actually. The rear actually caught my attention since it seems to echo trucks from the 60's and 70's. It feels like a complete package in a way. To each and his/her own.

That is true though, the wheelbase is still longer than I would prefer and it will no doubt be prohibitively expensive for something that will weigh and cost as much as an H2 but won't get a V8.

What got me excited was the Overland trim name. I am wondering if Jeep will cater to the pickup truck overlander scene much in the same way that the Landcruiser caters to those in Australia...

I think they will corner a lot of markets with this.

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hmm, I happen to like the look actually. The rear actually caught my attention since it seems to echo trucks from the 60's and 70's. It feels like a complete package in a way. To each and his/her own.

That is true though, the wheelbase is still longer than I would prefer and it will no doubt be prohibitively expensive for something that will weigh and cost as much as an H2 but won't get a V8.

What got me excited was the Overland trim name. I am wondering if Jeep will cater to the pickup truck overlander scene much in the same way that the Landcruiser caters to those in Australia...

I think they will corner a lot of markets with this.
I hope that with this Gladiator. Toyota will finally realize that the 70 series needs to come to USA. The Tacomas wont be able to fit the bill anymore as the Jeep once again will be the only medium size pick up truck with solid axles. All those Toyota costumers that keep complaining about how expensive and limited is to lift a Tacoma will migrate to Jeep.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I hope that with this Gladiator. Toyota will finally realize that the 70 series needs to come to USA. The Tacomas wont be able to fit the bill anymore as the Jeep once again will be the only medium size pick up truck with solid axles. All those Toyota costumers that keep complaining about how expensive and limited is to lift a Tacoma will migrate to Jeep.
Hot damn. If I could get an LC70 here in the states I'd put a For Sale sign in my JKUR so fast. I like tacos but the IFS isn't for me. The LC70 would be the perfect rig for me.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I wanna know what voodoo happened to drive up that msrp. I was specking a the JLU the first day it hit the jeep site and I remember topping out just under 50k. I think the only option I did not go for was dual top.

It made the 14 jkur i got for $26k feel like I stole it.

Wasn't the AEV Brute around $85k?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts