Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!
Headin out to glamis this weekend 10/27, taking the jeep as my toy for the first time.
Anyone else heading out there?

·
Registered
680 Posts
I love glamis. I have only had my jeep out there one time when it was stock. I am going the weekend of 11/10 and 11/24 but cant fit jeep in toyhauler so will be riding my quad. I am contemplating a day trip this weekend with the jeep but 3 hour drive each way from S.D. plus gas prices for just one day is why I am hesitant. Can't wait to see how much sand improvement with wider more aggressive tires. Hope I can make it up oldsmobile this time. Still don't have lockers so not sure if I can. I guess it depends on how big the woops are and if I can get enough momentum. Are you camping? If so gecko or wash.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Glamis is fun in a Jeep. Just make sure to air down before going out into the bigger dunes. Last time I was there with the Jeep, the sand was wet and made getting around so much fun. Wish I could get out there but I have other plans for this weekend.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
87octane said:
I love glamis. I have only had my jeep out there one time when it was stock. I am going the weekend of 11/10 and 11/24 but cant fit jeep in toyhauler so will be riding my quad. I am contemplating a day trip this weekend with the jeep but 3 hour drive each way from S.D. plus gas prices for just one day is why I am hesitant. Can't wait to see how much sand improvement with wider more aggressive tires. Hope I can make it up oldsmobile this time. Still don't have lockers so not sure if I can. I guess it depends on how big the woops are and if I can get enough momentum. Are you camping? If so gecko or wash.
Gotta love Glamis!
How'd it do stock?
I'm a bit worried about how ill do in the dunes. Got some 33" duratracs that ill indeed air down. Hope all goes well! Lol

Making a day trip, 3hr drive for me too man! You can do it! Although gas prices do reek Lol
I have buddies camping but I'm not gonna stay, we camp in the flats near the wash by the vendors.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Gotta love Glamis!
How'd it do stock?
I'm a bit worried about how ill do in the dunes. Got some 33" duratracs that ill indeed air down. Hope all goes well! Lol

Making a day trip, 3hr drive for me too man! You can do it! Although gas prices do reek Lol
I have buddies camping but I'm not gonna stay, we camp in the flats near the wash by the vendors.
It did ok in small dunes long as you could keep the momentum up. I had 30x9.5 BFG AT tires aired down to 12PSI. I was still new to the Jeep at that time so I didn't want to be that idiot getting in over my head or stuck at the bottom of a bowl I can't get out of. (seen that happen to people in full sized trucks many of times)

I bet your duratracs will do better than my MT/R's. Atleast from what I have read online that is.

Considering you are doing a day trip might as well join you. If I don't I will be thinking all day of all the fun and entertainment I would be missing.

I also have a 10lb Co2 tank mounted to my roll bar so we can play with air presure at will. I normally run at 8psi on trails and will probably start there and go down 1 pound at a time and see how it feels. If we go down too far and lose a bead the 250 PSI regulator should have no problems re-seating the bead.:dance:

When time do you plan on hitting the highway? Where are you coming from?

·
Registered
680 Posts
Glamis is fun in a Jeep. Just make sure to air down before going out into the bigger dunes. Last time I was there with the Jeep, the sand was wet and made getting around so much fun. Wish I could get out there but I have other plans for this weekend.
Wet sand would be awesome!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
87octane said:
Joe are you Dog'N out? I have a group of friends staying at Pad 1 so I'll be there regardless.
Haha, joedoogn never dogs out!
Forsure man, I'm heading out from San B at 8 so ill be there by 11 if all goes well.
Send me a text and we'll see if we can meet up near camp.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Haha, joedoogn never dogs out!
Forsure man, I'm heading out from San B at 8 so ill be there by 11 if all goes well.
Send me a text and we'll see if we can meet up near camp.
Cool! I'll should be at glamis by 9. I'll hit you up around 11

·
Registered
920 Posts
Used to love me some Glamis until the kids got older and their work and college schedules made getting out hard. When you drive 6 + hours you need a few days to make it worth while. Sold all the toys and got back into the Jeep scene, a little easier on the wallet.

Glamis Rig#1

Too hard to tow pop up and quads so got into Glamis Rig #2

My youngest riding my quad, dang that thing was fast

Why couldn't Glamis be closer? Have fun out there.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Xjman1 said:
Used to love me some Glamis until the kids got older and their work and college schedules made getting out hard. When you drive 6 + hours you need a few days to make it worth while. Sold all the toys and got back into the Jeep scene, a little easier on the wallet.

Glamis Rig#1

Too hard to tow pop up and quads so got into Glamis Rig #2

My youngest riding my quad, dang that thing was fast

Why couldn't Glamis be closer? Have fun out there.
Ahhhh man that's a bummer.
But yeah, even after stayin a few days it still ain't enough time. Idk how im gonna be able to leave tomorrow night. Might just end up makin a fox hole and camping lol.

Nice toys tho man, too bad ya don't got em anymore.

Thanks

·
Registered
920 Posts
All good. Less maintainence and got me a trip to hawaii. :) i do miss my truck though but it was hell filling up and only me getting around in it.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Joe it was nice meeting you and your friends. Sorry I didn't see you at the drags. I was only there for 10 min and decided to duning. My jeep far exceeded my expectations of dune capabilities. I ended up doing 51 off highway miles yesterday according to my gps.

Kota7 wasn't kidding jeeps are a blast in the dunes. I just about went any where I wanted by taking the right lines and keeping the petal to the metal. I figured I used about 10 gallons of gas to do 50 miles of duning. Just when I thought gas mileage wasn't good in my Jeep, it got a lot worse. LOL.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
87octane said:
Joe it was nice meeting you and your friends. Sorry I didn't see you at the drags. I was only there for 10 min and decided to duning. My jeep far exceeded my expectations of dune capabilities. I ended up doing 51 off highway miles yesterday according to my gps.

Kota7 wasn't kidding jeeps are a blast in the dunes. I just about went any where I wanted by taking the right lines and keeping the petal to the metal. I figured I used about 10 gallons of gas to do 50 miles of duning. Just when I thought gas mileage wasn't good in my Jeep, it got a lot worse. LOL.
Nice meeting you guys too man, got a nice rig man.
Yeah we hung out at the drags for a good hour then got headed back home.

Definitely was impressed how my lil 4cyl performed as well! Got around great, got a lil duning done and was able to jump it on the way to the drags on sand hwy! Lol

Wow 51 miles! That's a lot of riding.
Plans are in place for a thanksgiving trip, you're more than welcome to join us Mark.
Hang on to my number for future trips bro.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Nice meeting you guys too man, got a nice rig man.
Yeah we hung out at the drags for a good hour then got headed back home.

Definitely was impressed how my lil 4cyl performed as well! Got around great, got a lil duning done and was able to jump it on the way to the drags on sand hwy! Lol

Wow 51 miles! That's a lot of riding.
Plans are in place for a thanksgiving trip, you're more than welcome to join us Mark.
Hang on to my number for future trips bro.
I was glad I didn't have to take the sand highway back to the drags. Pretty much the only thing that my jeep or I didn't like very much is the whoops especially the huge ones on sand highway.

Jumping the Jeep! How did you buddy in the back seat like that? LOL

I also plan on being in Glamis Thanksgiving weekend. Most likely around wash 14. I am not planning on bringing the Jeep but considering I had so much fun with it hopefully I can get the girlfriend to drive it out since I pulling my Toybox and quad with my SUV.

I got your number saved.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
87octane said:
I was glad I didn't have to take the sand highway back to the drags. Pretty much the only thing that my jeep or I didn't like very much is the whoops especially the huge ones on sand highway.

Jumping the Jeep! How did you buddy in the back seat like that? LOL

I also plan on being in Glamis Thanksgiving weekend. Most likely around wash 14. I am not planning on bringing the Jeep but considering I had so much fun with it hopefully I can get the girlfriend to drive it out since I pulling my Toybox and quad with my SUV.

I got your number saved.
Yeah the whoops make for a violent ride lol.
It was actually a really smooth jump so it didn't throw him around too much, but the whoops were a different story for him. Haha

Awesome, we'll have to catch up again then.
Ill be taking the jeep just to haul a rail, we'll have a pretty large group.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts