Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have half doors, and would like the security of the glass upper halfs. Has anyone upgraded to them? And have a review? They seem to be around 500!馃槼 A lot of money.. Also if anyone has a used set they would like to sell... I'm your man

I luv bourbonz!
They're nice... Not sure about them being any more "secure" but definitely convenient. You also have to be more careful if you decide to yank em off and put in the back to ride with the uppers off.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
02Prove said:
They're nice... Not sure about them being any more "secure" but definitely convenient. You also have to be more careful if you decide to yank em off and put in the back to ride with the uppers off.
Are they really 500? Or is that quadratecs price

I luv bourbonz!
You may be able to shop around and find them a bit cheaper but that's about ball park.

Mostly old school..!
So I have half doors, and would like the security of the glass upper halfs. Has anyone upgraded to them? And have a review? They seem to be around 500!�� A lot of money.. Also if anyone has a used set they would like to sell... I'm your man
Security-wise, they're better than soft uppers, but not as good as full doors. The two biggest issues I have with mine is the fact that when they are open, they only open about 6" which makes it tough at the drive through and limits the amount of fresh air you get...See picture. If I were to do it again, I would wait, save some money, and buy a set of full doors to use in the winter and keep my half doors for spring and summer when I have the top off.

I luv bourbonz!
Water Dog has a point about the opening being tight... If you're ordering dinner for the family through the drive thru you'll have to open the door to get it in...lol

Registered
Love mine had them on the jeep since I've owned it. They don't open as far but it's not that bad...
Mine are Bestop brand

Mostly old school..!
At that price why not get a set of full doors? They are more secure and the glass goes all the way down.
As much as I would like to have full doors, they are pricey...Used, in our area they are between $1000 and $1600 depending on condition, then usually the paint nor the inner panel is the right color so there's paint cost and new panel cost on top of that.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Man why the hell are they 500 dollars?! They are probley just out of reach making your own.. So they charge so much for them

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Powder Monkey said:
Keep an eye on CL. They pop up more often than not & usually go for about $200.
Thanks man, I'm like a jeep pioneer in Illinois here.. Not too many custom TJs around

Registered
I feel like anyone who suggests full doors doesn't have half doors :p I love my half doors so much more than my fulls. I just put the full doors back on for winter and I miss the hell out of the half doors. I'm almost thinking half doors year round, bulldawg uppers for winter and soft uppers for spring/summer

Mostly old school..!
I feel like anyone who suggests full doors doesn't have half doors :p I love my half doors so much more than my fulls. I just put the full doors back on for winter and I miss the hell out of the half doors. I'm almost thinking half doors year round, bulldawg uppers for winter and soft uppers for spring/summer
I agree, I would like to have fulls for winter, but I wouldn't give up my half doors to get them. Nice thing around here for fulls during winter is we get a lot mid 60's to low 70"s weather sometimes during the winter and it would be nice to be able to roll down the windows.

Registered
I want full doors so bad, half doors are great for my 2 months of summer but the rest of the year im annoyed by not being able to open my window part way, the ungodly wind noise from the poor seal of the half doors and how scratched up the vinyl half door Windows get and already are.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts