Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm doing my research for glasspacks to put on my 97 tj 2.5L

Anyone know what size I would need?
Brand recommendation?
Install advice?

Never installed one before, so if someone can do a dummy proof run through for me that would be cool lol.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Are you going to weld (or have it welded) it in?

I really suggest the "Thrush Welded" for $35 if you want a deep tone that won't that won't drone and sound ricey raspy.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I got a thrush glasspack on my Jeep, I love it. I welded a flange on and bolt it directly to my cat. Its normally 2 and 1/4 inch pipe. I assume the 2.5L is the same as the 4.0L but I am not fully sure.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wasn't planning on having it welded. Thanks for the advice guys.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
The stock muffler is offset so you would have to figure out an s-bend adapter that you could trim down and clamp in.

·
Registered
688 Posts
If its 2 1/4 it should work, thats whats on mine, and lots of my buddies TJ's with 4 cylinders and with 6 cylinders. You can always go to a local muffler shop and get some custom bent tube or just pop it in place behind your cat, loads of options. Lots of guys i know chop off the cat and running the muffler in its place ( however not always legal )

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
How are you planning to address the offset?

·
Registered
688 Posts
You can get pipe bent, cut , etc however you like. My Jeep has the pipe dumped Just behind my rear axle using a turndown pipe. Or you can always cut out the muffler and use the remainder of the tail pipe that came with the jeep already with the proper bends, options are endless

1 - 10 of 10 Posts