Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What matches better to the factory fenders and bumpers? Flat Black or Gloss Black? Thanks guys :whistling:

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Flat/matte black. No question the way to go!

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought flat black no problem but i see guys on this forum and others always ordering gloss?? Didnt make sense to me. My wrangler only has 3k miles and is now in storage for the winter so i wanted to see what everyone thought.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I thought flat black no problem but i see guys on this forum and others always ordering gloss?? Didnt make sense to me. My wrangler only has 3k miles and is now in storage for the winter so i wanted to see what everyone thought.
The bottom line, its what "you like" not me...

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The bottom line, its what "you like" not me...
Its not that im saying your wrong at all. Im just looking to see what matches with factory black parts the best. I couldnt care less either flat or gloss black i just want it to match lol

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I went flat. But the rugged ridge wheels I ordered were a flat black so I went with what matched the closest. I didn't have to match anything else, because I will just get my bumpers, flairs, and rockers all coated the same. When you go to the powder coating shop, they will be able to show you examples of both. The clear coat is said to be very strong however.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im going to be getting bumpers online so i wont be able to go to the shops. Looks like flat black is the way it is then.

And chrome? How dare you say chrome. :banghead:

lol all kidding aside im not a chrome guy but thanks for the input

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is exactly why I mentioned chrome !
You like it shiny ? Go gloss (with some Oakley s on your face).
LOL Im gonna guess your rig is all chromed out?

·
Registered
347 Posts
LOL Im gonna guess your rig is all chromed out?
No chrome for me :cool:
If I had option, my Jeep would be mate black and not this stupid shiny black that Jeep sells.
Looking at new Jeep colors, can't help but think that someone there in charge of colors is on some kind of acid trip.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If I had option, my Jeep would be mate black and not this stupid shiny black that Jeep sells.
Looking at new Jeep colors, can't help but think that someone there in charge of colors is on some kind of acid trip.
lol im guilty i bought a 13 crush :) love bright orange but chrome needs to die.

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
Didn't you hear? The paint engineer dumped a bag of skittles on the table. The ones that didn't fall on the floor were chosen for paint colors. LOL

lol im guilty i bought a 13 crush :) love bright orange but chrome needs to die.
Chrome has its place........like on a faucet. LOL

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Didn't you hear? The paint engineer dumped a bag of skittles on the table. The ones that didn't fall on the floor were chosen for paint colors. LOL

Chrome has its place........like on a faucet. LOL
:rofl:

I laughed so hard at that lol. So true

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
LMAO

Flat looks good, but it seems like the factory flares and bumpers have a slight sheen to them so I suggested satin/semi gloss.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts