Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched and didn't see this. On my '12 JKR, the glove box allows things, like keys, to fall down behind the back panel of the box, into the bowels of the dash. If something is missing (like keys your dealer said were put into the glove box - long story), check down behind the box. When unlocked, it's easy to pull out the box from its hinges, and reach down behind it to see if anything has found its way down there.

With the open space at the top, back of the glove box, I'm sure that about half the Jeeps out there with this design have swallowed otherwise "missing" items.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Good heads up. I'll pay more attention when I'm putting stuff in there. I have taken the glove box totally out once. It was pretty easy by just pushing the sides in when it was open. Then you can just completly pull it out. There's not a whole lot below the glove box for things to catch on. I would think that most stuff falling out would end up on the floor.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Funny I saw this. I had the craziest thing happen after I got my '12 jku. I was enjoying my ipod dock in the center console, and took out my ipod to change tunes. I dropped it, and thought I'll grab it when I get home. Could not find the thing anywhere! I searched and searched and thought I was losing my mind. Rasearched a bunch of threads and couldn't find anyone who had a similar issue.

I finally had enough and figured it had to fall into the slot where the Ebrake enters the console. Sure enough, after I tore out the jeep there it was, buried under the center console. Only took me about 2 hours of trying to tear apart the interior of my jeep to find it, mind you this was an older, fairly big ipod.

So...be careful! that little slot where the E brake enters the onsole trim will make ya go mad if conditions are right!

·
Registered
4 Posts
So, I know this thread is from ages ago but am having a problem related to this on my 2016 Sport. I found a cord hanging down from behind the glove box and removed it by squeezing the top of the glove box door to pop it off. All this was no problem but now I can't get the darned thing back on correctly. I squeeze the top of the door to get it in the frame but then the bottom doesn't want to rest over the plastic humps that create the hinge. It just hangs loose. When I place the bottom of the door correctly in place, the top gets stuck on a lip in the frame. Is there a trick I'm missing or am I just being dense? Has anyone else had this issue? I've searched the internet and can't seem to find any videos or descriptions to help with this issue.

·
Registered
210 Posts
It is rather pliable plastic. get the bottom installed correctly so that it hinges like it is supposed to. Then work on the top. If it doesn’t want to go, give it a bit more chooch. It goes in just the way it came out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It is rather pliable plastic. get the bottom installed correctly so that it hinges like it is supposed to. Then work on the top. If it doesn’t want to go, give it a bit more chooch. It goes in just the way it came out.
Thank you! I did finally get it figured out. I was stupidly trying to get the "hinge" attached at the wrong spot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts