Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I do my own stunts.
3,019 Posts
my glovebox lock is really loose.anyone know of a way to tighten it up
I don't know what year your Jeep is, but on my '09 the metal loop that the door latches to is secured by two screws. There's a little wiggle room there, so maybe you can loosen the screws and push the loop back for a tighter fit.

You won't find that here. Sign up to Jk forums. It's seems more professional. I could give you a handful of names on this forum, that given the chance, I'd punch them in the middle of the face. Male and female.
....because it's much more professional dealing with people who like to start fist fights I guess?

·
Registered
898 Posts
I went out and looked ay my lock yesterday and responded to the other thread. I am not clear if it is the loop that is attached to the dash that is simply held on by 2 screws or the latch assembly that is on the glovebox itself. The glove box assembly is held in place by 3 screws. If the hole assembly is loose tighten those screws, if it is just the handle on the latch, that looks like a closed assembly and will likely need to be replaced. There appears to be an internal spring that I can't get to without risking damage to the part.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i really appreciate someone trying to help me.it is the lock on the glovebox door.it has a thumb button to press to open the glovebox.the thumb button mechanism is about to fall off the door

·
Registered
898 Posts
It sounds like they changed the design has changed from what I have. No thumb button on mine.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have a 2008 wrangler x. i thank you for taking the time to try to help me.the thumb button has the key slot.it just spins around and has become really loose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts