Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Go Devil in a 55 CJ3B

i have an awesome group of guys I work with and we have had a lot of success together. 3 weeks ago they surprised me with the most awesome gift of all time. A fully restored 1955 CJ3B as a thank you for our time together. I love the Jeep. I am a TJ guy and have several and am learning about the CJ#B. First thing is it has a Go Devil motor in it instead of a Hurricane. Has anyone ever seen that before? Was that just the restorers choice because he needed a motor and could not find a Hurricane? Just curious if any one has seen this configuration before. The restore is beautiful.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
Very nice. That is a great group of friends.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Nice 3B, I regret selling my 64 to this day. The F head was the reason for the high hood of the 3B vs the 3A. Some of the early B's could have been delivers with the L head engine. Or more probable it was swapped out at some time and the L was an easy replacement.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Beautiful 3B! It is more common to find L heads than F heads when searching for used parts. It looks like "Harvest Tan" which was an early color I think from the 2A model. I also regret selling my 54 3B. It had either an industrial hurricane motor, or one from a pick up/wagon in it with vacuum advance distributor, total pain in the rear to keep running well. They have the face only a mother (or father) can love. Willys Overland Motors and Walck's will be your friend when looking for parts. Congrats, you have some good friends.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts