Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not really digging the stock gray decals on the side. This is what I'm thinking about doing in a flat black vinly with the JK cut-out for the mango to show through. I did this on paint in about 5 minutes so don't hate on my crapy skills...lol

Attachments

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'm not really digging the stock gray decals on the side. This is what I'm thinking about doing in a flat black vinly with the JK cut-out for the mango to show through. I did this on paint in about 5 minutes so don't hate on my crapy skills...lol
That is absolutely bada$$. Killer Jeep. As a Clemson Grad....your Jeep is unimaginably sweet.

Wow.

:wavey:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Talked with the shop this morning quoted at $175......Seems a little much for some stickers......Going to be calling around for a better price. Thanks again for all of the replies.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Litton82 said:
Talked with the shop this morning quoted at $175......Seems a little much for some stickers......Going to be calling around for a better price. Thanks again for all of the replies.
Seems expensive. In reality, they only need to cut the JK art with the machine. The rest of the vinyl is just a strip. And it's not much material at all.

Could be a matter of the shop not wanting to do the job so they quoted you high. Definitely call around.

Keep us posted on how you do.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Today I started taking off all the decals ... I got to the last t e d of unlimited and sat back and a drink of my beer and realized after 6 months I finally have my jeeps name it's Ted ... I ended up leaving the Ted on on both sides and I can't be happier... Lol teds awesome... So I say do it... Best thing I ever did. The only thing is I couldn't get the trail rated sign off ... Any ideas

Attachments

·
Registered
288 Posts
Litton82 said:
And that looks good

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Litton82 said:
I like it. A lot actually. However, if it were me, I would not run the vinyl straight across. I would keep it at the same height that you currently have it, but not apply it to the doors at all. It would look sorta like the Poison Spyder rocker guards in shape and style. As for a place to get them made, I would strongly encourage you to shoot Don and e-mail over at pixeldecals.com. I'm sure this is something he could knock out for you.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Probo said:
Today I started taking off all the decals ... I got to the last t e d of unlimited and sat back and a drink of my beer and realized after 6 months I finally have my jeeps name it's Ted ... I ended up leaving the Ted on on both sides and I can't be happier... Lol teds awesome... So I say do it... Best thing I ever did. The only thing is I couldn't get the trail rated sign off ... Any ideas
For the trail rated badge, do it on a very warm day or use a hair dryer to heat it up a bit. Then use some fishing line and, using a cutting motion, saw threw the adhesive on the back. Then you can use some goo gone, 3m adhesive remover, or even wd40 to get any remaining adhesive off. Then just be sure to wax the area well.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts