Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a point of contact at Gobi that won't blow smoke up my skirt?!?! My order is 3 weeks behind and so far in the last three weeks I have had two it'll ship tomorrows and then today "it shipped we just don't know when", we will get back to you with the info today..... not! Sorry this is a little vent laden. I appreciate any input if someone has a contact there.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Try posting on their FB page, it may shake things loose as they will not want negative posts there.

Just went thru a similar situation with J & P cycles, they strung me out for a month on an item they said was in stock.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try posting on their FB page, it may shake things loose as they will not want negative posts there.

Just went thru a similar situation with J & P cycles, they strung me out for a month on an item they said was in stock.
I will try that, thanks!

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Had 4 wheel parts do this to me on some seats. Ordered them when they said they’d ship in a week. Two weeks later didnt get a tracking number so I called them and they said the manufacturer was building them and wouldnt go out until following month. Cancelled the order and got them elsewhere in less time. If you can source the product else where Id go that route.

Funny part about my story, the seats I ordered from 4 Wheel Parts showed up on time. But had been cancelled and money put back on my card already. Customer Service didnt like hearing that.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Had 4 wheel parts do this to me on some seats. Ordered them when they said they’d ship in a week. Two weeks later didnt get a tracking number so I called them and they said the manufacturer was building them and wouldnt go out until following month. Cancelled the order and got them elsewhere in less time. If you can source the product else where Id go that route.

Funny part about my story, the seats I ordered from 4 Wheel Parts showed up on time. But had been cancelled and money put back on my card already. Customer Service didnt like hearing that.
as long as you had the payment back, you shoulda' left the 4WP seats boxed up, and then waited to see how long it took them to figure out what happened :)

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
Have you actually called them? I distinctly remember having issues contacting them via email a few years ago with responses taking up to a week. Then I eventually called and everything went super smooth. Besides that, their customer service was otherwise fantastic. However, they have expanded within the last year and that could result in a dip in customer service.

I actually remember emailing them last October regarding their awning mounts and got a response the same day. Sent my message at around 10:30am and had a response at 1pm. Weird, if they continue to give you issues you might consider ordering from another store. Most places that sell Gobi racks tend to sell them for the same price with the same whole free ladder deal

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did call them, multiple times!! They barely answer their phone any more which I am sure is due to how busy they are NOT FILLING ORDERS!!! I did try all avenues of contact to include FB. We will see in the next few hours what is going to happen. My last email was to cancel my order (that they say they think has shipped, yes they said they THINK it has) if they cannot provide me a tracking number and shipping company info I'm done.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I meant to finish the last comment with I will be going with Kargo Master at that point. And as an aside KM is in the process of updating the TJ line of racks and it will be like the JK line. No difinitive time frame but the old style is no longer being made.

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
I meant to finish the last comment with I will be going with Kargo Master at that point. And as an aside KM is in the process of updating the TJ line of racks and it will be like the JK line. No difinitive time frame but the old style is no longer being made.
Always been a fan of the steps on the windshield of KM racks. If they are really updating their TJ racks to be more similar to the JK ones then they will be on there. Hopefully everything gets worked out, shoot maybe you'll end up with a free Gobi after your order is cancelled :rofl:. You won't be disappointed with the KM

·
Knows a couple things...
49,002 Posts
They can delete negative comments when they're on their webpage. Every time I post a negative comment on Disneyland's webpage about their high ticket prices it's gone within 5-10 minutes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ETCT: Free would be nice but it appears to have shipped last week.... supposed to hear from the freight company by tomorrow about delivery. We'll see, not holding my breath but they did charge the card so maybe.

KM still might get my business LOL!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts