Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, all.

I've got a Gobi Stealth rack mounted on my JKU. I love the rack, just wish I was getting out and using it more!! :)

Anyway, heading to Yosemite this weekend, and went to test fit my Thule cargo box for the first time since acquiring the rack. As it turns out, the distance between the crossbars on the rack is too far (by about 8-10") to accommodate the Thule box mounting system.

Has anyone run into this issue and found a solution that doesn't involve mounting a set of crossbars to the rack? I'd like to avoid that if at all possible, as I really like the low profile of the Gobi. I'll go this route if there are no other options, just means I'll be taking the bars on/off every time I want to mount the box.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Rich

·
Registered
811 Posts
Thanks for the crossbar order Rich.

Just so others know, there is a GOBI solution for smaller and larger cargo boxes and tents etc. and it's flush (same height) as the other GOBI cross bars. These can be mounted anywhere on the rack.

Our gobi rack product pages have links showing the exact rack dimensions for both 2 and 4 door racks GOBI Roof Rack Systems.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Alec! Just got back from my Yosemite trip (awesome!) We ended up not needing the cargo box this trip, but with ski season coming, I need the cross bar anyway!

Thanks.

R

1 - 3 of 3 Posts