Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Southeast, like Northeast Houston.
Any further south and I would have to give you props on the doors off. Sheesh I was down in McAllen at the beginning of summer and you could fry eggs on the dash. North Houston isn't so bad. The constant breeze would make having the doors off bearable.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah, its not to bad, but the humidity still sucks. Its starting to average in the 80's again so top off more often, for the next couple of months.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Everyone says that these Jeeps need to have headlight upgrades. Personally the stock were fine but heck why not, lets see if they improve it as much as they say.
Had to order replacement buckets for the fog lights but those should be in by the end of the week.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Not the most exciting modifications i’ve ever done but these seemed to be necessary modifications. Once the lift was added the wife saw the value of the A Pillar grab bars. Before we ever left the dealership I knew the reclined backseat mod was needed. Lastly when I picked up the Jeep I knew the whole hanging brake line thing didn’t seem right so once I saw DallasRecon do the Teraflex straps I knew what it was missing.
I wasn't aware that you got the idea from me. Thanks for following my build. Your build looks awesome.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Everyone says that these Jeeps need to have headlight upgrades. Personally the stock were fine but heck why not, lets see if they improve it as much as they say.
Had to order replacement buckets for the fog lights but those should be in by the end of the week.
They are a huge upgrade over stock. I loved mine even though I think the stock ones might be even better especially on high beam.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I wasn't aware that you got the idea from me. Thanks for following my build. Your build looks awesome.
Thanks, I am glad you took the time to post the little modifications also because to me that little strap is pretty important overall. White Rubicons are possibly my second favorite color Wrangler out there and yours is a great example.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
They are a huge upgrade over stock. I loved mine even though I think the stock ones might be even better especially on high beam.
We've only been running the low beam because we don't want to run the yellow fog lights with the white headlights but hopefully the fog light buckets will be in soon and I can install the new fog lights. I've wired up the new TS3001R spotlights also and cannot wait to get the new bumper and install those. Next the wife is going to start begging for LED taillights..

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Well the bumpers are on and the winch is on. Added some JW Speaker spot lights to the bumper and waiting for the new MetalCloak diff covers to come in and then paint those. Also added a Firestik mount to the license plate bracket, just need to run that wiring and pick up a CB.

Attachments

·
Registered
493 Posts
Reactions: IRideNekkid

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well the bumpers are on and the winch is on. Added some JW Speaker spot lights to the bumper and waiting for the new MetalCloak diff covers to come in and then paint those. Also added a Firestik mount to the license plate bracket, just need to run that wiring and pick up a CB.
Looks great!!! I hope you are getting tons of fun out of it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
From one Gobi owner to another I can't express enough how much I hate that you came up with that awesome name and not me :D (ours is named Wookiee)
My wife and daughter talked about Star Wars so much leading up to the purchase that all of the character names were burned in my head.

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Your build is looking great, love the new additions:thumb: Are the TS3000's spots?

-Steven
TS3001R Pencil Beams. Shoulda got "driving lights" but lets be honest. I only have them to look cool.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Not a huge mod but I am so dang happy to finally have the complete set. I'm a little particular about things matching so I went with the J.W. Speaker LED tails to match the headlights, fog lights and spot lights. I plan to add some J.W. ditch lights eventually also.

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Nice job on your build! I like what you've done. I have a Gobi JKUR. I might look for some painted take-off fenders, yours looks really nice. IMO this color needs some contrast, so the top in black looks really good!

21 - 40 of 62 Posts