Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Nice job on your build! I like what you've done. I have a Gobi JKUR. I might look for some painted take-off fenders, yours looks really nice. IMO this color needs some contrast, so the top in black looks really good!
Thanks, I appreciate it. We are just a weekend warrior family so simplicity is plenty for us. I could go either way with the fenders, it's just a shame how fast Jeep black plastic fades. My wife was dead set on getting the painted fenders and she agrees with you that the full top Gobi is a bit much so we stuck with just a little black and Gobi contrast.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I have horrible self control. I couldn't justify tossing the tires because we have been very happy with them so far plus I don't know if I could convince the wife it was a good idea to spend $3,000.00.

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
That color should look great on your Gobi!
This was the set of wheels I had on my car when I was 17 in high school. As you can see I haven't come very far. I would put bronze wheels on any color if I could.

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Simple little mod with what I had in the garage, plus two quick fist and a $20 Coast light from Home Depot.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not a huge mod but I am so dang happy to finally have the complete set. I'm a little particular about things matching so I went with the J.W. Speaker LED tails to match the headlights, fog lights and spot lights. I plan to add some J.W. ditch lights eventually also.
Where did you get your third brake light or was it a custom build?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Like you, I’m going to do JW Speaker all the way around (everything has to match for me too), but I was waiting until I found a third light solution. Solved! Thx!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Like you, I’m going to do JW Speaker all the way around (everything has to match for me too), but I was waiting until I found a third light solution. Solved! Thx!
It's expensive to be so OCD....
https://www.jwspeaker.com/products/led-auxiliary-work-light-model-4418/

These are next after I get the wheels and tires paid off. Most of what we do is just weekend exploring so I don't need to throw substantial money at underbody skids, rock sliders, lockers or a RTT. As long as we can see very well going down fire service roads in the dark the rest will come in time.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Quick customer service shout out. The J.W. Speaker TS3001R spot lights had covers available but were discontinued. Several stores online advertise them but all are listed as out of stock. Summit lists them but the part number and description is red and the picture is amber. Well I email J.W. Speaker asking about the covers and availability. Low and behold they still have some in inventory but don’t market them anymore. These were sent to me for free from J.W.Speaker. Now hopefully these lights will be able to be used in foggy conditions to help us reach out and touch the road. Also during the drought last year the gravel roads were a bear to drive down in caravan.

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
So I guess we will go on a poser photoshoot this weekend but here's a sneak peak. Best part, I didn't even realize these wheels would give off a classic Ramcharger look.

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Did it help?
Significantly. I can only assume that with the narrow wheels and fairly narrow tires I just never noticed the slight difference since it was all fairly under the fenders. Once I added the -6 wheels the tires moved a slight amount further out and I noticed it almost immediately. They measured around 1.5-1.75" off centered and this track bar pulled it right back in line. I will say if I wasn't a Metalcloak fanboy I'd recommend a different brand. It wasn't terrible to get it adjusted but the style that comes in two pieces with a built in adjuster would have been a lot more straight forward to get the job done.

·
Registered
197 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
41 - 60 of 62 Posts