Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Keep my wheels from my other vehicle while doing a trade in? Just curious. I like the wheel and tire combo I have and I just bought the set and I want to keep them. Will the dealer give me trouble? TIA

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
Keep my wheels from my other vehicle while doing a trade in? Just curious. I like the wheel and tire combo I have and I just bought the set and I want to keep them. Will the dealer give me trouble? TIA

Did they quote you a trade-in based on what you currently have? Do you still have your old wheels/tires? They may swap whats on the new vehicle with the old or might not. Stock wheels/tires won't look very good on your lifted JK.

·
Official WF thread de-railer
3,952 Posts
Tell you what. I'll drive down to Richmond, trade you my stockers for the stockers that will come on your new rubi, then you can put my stockers on your trade in.
am i a pal or what???? :D

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
Tell you what. I'll drive down to Richmond, trade you my stockers for the stockers that will come on your new rubi, then you can put my stockers on your trade in.
am i a pal or what???? :D
Dibs!:D

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They have already seen the Jeep and agreed to swap my rims and tires and put on Rubi. I am ordering the vehicle so it should take 6-8 weeks or so. I also told them I am removing all of teh secutiry products and sidesteps. They offered me $17k on trade...$900 less than what I bought it for. Not bad.

·
Premium Member
3,182 Posts
Good deal!

FYI for everyone, if you have wheels, tires, mods that you want to take off when you trade it is usually best to tell the dealership upfront. I know we sell preowned modded Wranglers faster than stock preowned Wranglers and we are usually more aggressive on modded Wranglers. As we like to say it has a "look" and it catches peoples attention. The other option is to ask for a value with and without the extras.

Glad it worked out Boosta

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now all I need to do is find someone who wants the Tuffy Security Enclosure becasue it wont fit the 2011!

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
So what did you order? 2 or 4 door? Hard or soft top or both? Color?

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Have not ordered yet but got pricing and trade in value so when i get my tread lightly number and instructions from company on car allowance, I will pull the trigger.

I WILL be ordering the 2011 Tan Soft Top Rubi fully loaded. Keeping my wheel and tire combo, sidesteps and Tuffy underseat locking box. Leaving the Tuffy Rear Security deck because it won't fit in the 2011.

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts
I guess being on the road has its advantages. Glad to hear that it worked out for you. As a teacher, my purchase was long term. I can only imagine what a road job would be like. I love driving my jeep, even on major vacation long distance trips.

Can't wait to see the new jeep.

Good luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts