Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I stupidly sold my 12 JKU I bought new. I had it for a year and loved every minute of it. But now I'm looking at buying another one.

My question is this. I remember the 12 headlights sucked. Did that issue ever get addressed or do they still suck?

Any other changes for the better/worse?

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
So I stupidly sold my 12 JKU I bought new. I had it for a year and loved every minute of it. But now I'm looking at buying another one.

My question is this. I remember the 12 headlights sucked. Did that issue ever get addressed or do they still suck?

Any other changes for the better/worse?
Oh Boy.... Truth? IMO they still suck but are easily remedied. '15 you still have the longer warranty '16 they cut it down. Both are great.
Get what you want but ..... Get what you Want! :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
I dont believe they have been changed at all. However; Several "cheap" led alternatives out there that can increase the night driving quality by a lot.

Nightsun 4x4 Sells some great ones.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I have a 16 Hard Rock and immediately replaced by headlights. My 05 Unlimited seemed to have better lighting than the 16. I bought some LEDs and can see the light!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just swapped from a '12 JK to a '16 JKUHR a couple months ago myself. Stock headlights are lousy as said above, and one the list of things I'll upgrade when I read through the hundreds of posts on the topic...eventually.

Biggest (little) improvement I noticed is the new tweeters on the dash. That's so much better than having the plastic things sticking up on each corner making it a pain to scrape off an inspection sticker. And now I catch myself smiling more seeing the little Wrangler Silhouette in the corner now that I see it more often. Good luck in your search for a new one.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I don't think much else has changed from 2012. If you're getting a JKU, the rear seat still needs the recline mod. The audio upgrade is actually worth it - subwoofer is built into the floor of the trunk though.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
What I noticed from my dad's '12 to my '15:

Headlights still suck- get JW or Quadratec LEDs.

Alpine system audio is way better than the Infinity in the '12's. Sub is in the floor.

Engine has some internal upgrades

Turn signals are clear

Wheels look better

TPMS sensor are a new generation- they report actual PSI at each wheel if you get connectivity.

Rubicon seats have embroidered "rubicon" in the seats.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
One of the top complaints about the Wrangler, is the headlights.

Luckily, I bought a new 2015 JKU Hard Rock. It has a 100,000 mile warranty. The 2016's only have a 60,000 mile warranty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts