Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a totally stock 04 rubicon (on 31s) and I'm planning to go to the Cliffs. I've never done any off roading in my life so I'm not sure what to expect. I do know that I don't want to do any mud. Is the cliffs a good place to start off roading or should I start with a simpler trail? What is your guys' opinion on Cliffs? Living in IL, it seems our options are limited.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Cliffs wouldn't be a bad place for you to go except for the fact that its mostly mud/clay mix.. When it's dryer out there are only like 2 trails that you might not want to take your stock Rubi, otherwise you should be able to take it anywhere in the park...

For your "cherry poppin" I would take it to Attica, more open area, wider trails and there is a lot of sand to play in/on.. Don't get me wrong there is plenty of mud but there are plenty of areas without.

When you get on a good set of Mt's and a couple battle wounds then your ready for the Cliffs...

·
Registered
165 Posts
And if you do decide to go out to the Cliffs let me know.. I will head out there with ya and show ya around to keep ya from runnin into trouble.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Moe, thank you for the very helpful tips!! I'll definitely have to take you up on your offer for the Cliffs! Is it okay if I send you a PM if I have more questions?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts