Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the difference with the 430 ane 730? Should i get one of these or is it best to buy a aftermarket headset with gps?

·
Registered
310 Posts
I just bought a 2013 and I still can't figure out what the 730 buys you other than a whole lot more money. I know that the UCONNECT costs less with the 730. I have the 430n and it does more than I ever expected from a Jeep. The GPS was a given along with the radio, USB ports, CD, MP3, DVD, but this thing gives me weather reports, finds the nearest or cheapest gas, finds movie times... Like I said, not what I expected in an off road vehicle. I am still finding wierd things that it does. The manual is horible by the way. You just have to try things and see what it does. Something best to do in the garage and not on the trail!

·
Registered
970 Posts
I don't know about the 730 except it is more $$. I ended up with the 430N in my 13 JKUR and am pleasantly surprised at the uconnect and phone features and sound quality. Keep in mind my hearing is suspect after years of gunfire and explosives :) but.

I think the 730 does not use the Garmin Nav. I like Garmin so that is a plus. Whatever you do, get the uconnect!

·
Registered
312 Posts
If you are looking for a stereo that is loud and you plan on going topless it is best to go aftermarket for a quality system. If you need all the other things like nav and blutooth usp ports etc, and dont really jam your music get the factory system. Kicker makes a plug and play upgrade to the factory Infinity or now Alpine systems that include poly speakers instaed of paper and better amp and sub woofer although the sub woofer is big and mount behind the rear seats taking up floor space in the back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts