Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Rubi, you know what they say about PA (and I was born there)...it's Philadelphia on the East, Pittsburgh on the West, and Alabama in-between.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Is Alabama really as low as you can get? Come on. What about Mississippi? (I'm a former central PA resident and current AL resident)
I think whoever came up with the quote was being kind and you are right. But I would leave MS and AL both out and replace with Newark, NJ.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What limitation does the governor set? Like rev limit, or max speed? We were running really late to an event a couple weekends ago and I had the JK running... pretty doggone quick on the highway... and it got difficult to accelerate further, I assumed that it was a combination of poor aerodynamics and a desire to avoid a glare from the wife for downshifting for more power. (6th is nice to have, but it's pretty weak.)

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
i had my 3.6 JK up to 164 mph the other day
front end was starting to float so i backed off
Ha...u mean KPH... Hell even that's a huge stretch. I think it says somewhere in the owners manual that JKs spontaneously combust at 100 MPH.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Yes there is a rev limiter to prevent over revving the engine but not a governor like in the old days.....

Here is a video on Facebook of a Jeep in the snow hitting the limiter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ107DPteGc

·
Registered
394 Posts
Most modern vehicles are electronically governed to not exceed the speed rating of the stock tires, on my 12 and 13 Mustangs that was around 120 unless you had a programmer to change those settings.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts