Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planing my first real offroading adventure tomorrow up to rausch creek, Since im a total Noob is there anything i should know, i think the green trail looks to be my speed for now :nonono:

I have a CB installed/working, Rampage recover bumper and ill bring some 20k tow straps just incase. besides that I just have a stock jeep. Is there anything else I need to know/Bring?

Looking foward to it :)

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I find that going no lower than 50 mph helps a lot too. Its like you just glide over everything. Lol but in all seriousness make sure another jeep is with you.

·
Jeeper
1,307 Posts
They are serious about the 2 jeep thing. Make sure to plan for that. I got there with one jeep and I had to follow a family (husband and wife and kids) id never met on their trip.

Id planned to do all sorts of filming and couldnt because I didnt want to slow them down.

They actually saved my neck because I would'nt have gotten into the park at all without them. Bring a friend.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
It's a pretty fun place. It is dirty though - on top of old coal grounds - you get a nasty coal grit all over everything. Nice rock garden.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone! shortly after I posted this i called them and they said i absolutely had to bring a tow vehicle and i cant find anyone on this short of notice. So if i cant get off of work next week for there monthly 101 green run ill make my way up the 29th for their next run! probably better anyway to run in a group and actually learn how to wheel :)

Cannot wait!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Im itching to go up to Rausch myself, I'm pretty much stock except a 3" lift and rock rails. unfortunately I'm still on stock GY tires so I'm not sure how good they will do once they get wet.

I went up there with a WK (05 Grand Cherokee) on a BB and 32" terra grapplers and I did greens pretty easily and suffered no permanent damage, I would love to go see how my new Jeep does.

I've got a pretty open schedule, I'm off every Friday so If you still want to go and you need a second Jeeper letme know and maybe we can work something out.

-Drew

1 - 10 of 10 Posts