Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gosh I've read this forum for months and you'd think I'd have it narrowed down.

I'm going for no more than a 2.5" lift. Goodyear Duratrac since ive had them before on another rig and loved them Am I correct that 35"s will fit, no problem? And am I correct that 4.10's are the better option for 35's? It appears that 33's and 3.73's are a great match. So 35's and 4.10's?

99% city/highway. 1% offroad when vacationing in Utah and Colorado.

Thanks.

·
Registered
232 Posts
That is the setup I will be doing, only in the future I am upgrading to 4.88's. Im doing the 4.88's since 20% of my driving is offroad and driving through the mountains in Colorado. If you are just driving around Texas I would imagine 4.10's would be just fine.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I run the Rough Country 2.5" spacer kit with 315/70-17 Duratracs. I rubbed the fenders when extreme flexing so I went with flat fenders. I also have front and rear bumpers with a winch so I'm sure my factory Rubicon springs are sagging.

The 4.10 ratio is fine with this setup.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2013 Unlimited Rubicon.

I plan on lifting no more than 2.5". I really have no need to go higher and it'll be for looks for the majority of the time.I figure 35's at the most. I head out to Moab and CO for two weeks a year. Have done fine out there with my on 32's on the Xterra and '12 Grand Cherokee. No hard core crawling. Fins n Things, Hells Revenge and other moderate trails at most and the Alpine Loop area in CO.

Other than that it's mostly for top down city driving. I'm in Houston, Texas so driving around 70 is the norm, with morning and afternoon rush hours being the exceptions. No long hwy commutes. No real off roading around here and I don't do mud.

From what I've gathered, with the 35's, my RPMs should drop enough with the 4.10's so it's not high strung on the hwy. If I'm better off with 3.73's, well darn it I need to hurry up and change my order before allocation opens up and it goes in.

So to recap:
2013 JKUR
2.5"
35's

99% city/hwy
1% offroad (Moab UT, White Rim Canyonlands, San Juans CO, etc ).
Over 20 hours highway just to get to my 1% off roading, which means 75+ MPH in west Texas. LOL!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I am running AEV 2.5, 1.5" spider spacers, and 315/70/17 Duratracs. On a 4dr Rubi...

Works great, tires are excellent in snow and ice, but being softer tend to wear quick on pavement. Frequent rotations (every oil change) will help a lot.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Dollar said:
2013 Unlimited Rubicon.

I plan on lifting no more than 2.5". I really have no need to go higher and it'll be for looks for the majority of the time.I figure 35's at the most. I head out to Moab and CO for two weeks a year. Have done fine out there with my on 32's on the Xterra and '12 Grand Cherokee. No hard core crawling. Fins n Things, Hells Revenge and other moderate trails at most and the Alpine Loop area in CO.

Other than that it's mostly for top down city driving. I'm in Houston, Texas so driving around 70 is the norm, with morning and afternoon rush hours being the exceptions. No long hwy commutes. No real off roading around here and I don't do mud.

From what I've gathered, with the 35's, my RPMs should drop enough with the 4.10's so it's not high strung on the hwy. If I'm better off with 3.73's, well darn it I need to hurry up and change my order before allocation opens up and it goes in.

So to recap:
2013 JKUR
2.5"
35's

99% city/hwy
1% offroad (Moab UT, White Rim Canyonlands, San Juans CO, etc ).
Over 20 hours highway just to get to my 1% off roading, which means 75+ MPH in west Texas. LOL!
4.10s. Stick with the 4.10s. :thumb:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And please understand that I have searched and read til I was blue in the face. But when it comes to 35's and 33's with the 3.6, the opinions are evenly split between 3.73 an 4.10.

Here's 2 pics that I don't have exact specs for. First is snochick I believe, so I credit her pics and Jeeps. Second I don't know who it belongs to. Sorry. But I recall reading it has 35's and 2.5 or 3.5 AEV. Anybody?

image-3111919123.jpg

image-1443604006.jpg

My main concern is the proper gears for 35's. Mostly on road.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
My main concern is the proper gears for 35's. Mostly on road.
With 2012 on, either 4.10s or 3.73s work okay for 35s. But 4.10s are better. Remember--they use 4.10s with stock Rubicons on stock tires, so it's not going to be "too much gear." Go with 4.10s if you know already you're headed to 35s.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Agree that 4.10 is a better choice for 35's. I have the 3.73 on my '12. Not bad, but 4.10 would be better.

2.5" lift with 35's: will be fine on road. Off road may rub the fenders a bit. I was rubbing the ends of my front bumper so took a sawzal and chopped the ends off until I can afford a new bumper.

May need to trim the pinch seam and/or Rubi Rails. I didn't need to trim either.

I also have flat fenders that I haven't installed yet. As long as you get wheels with 4.5" backspacing or less, you should be fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts