Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running Gold Mountain, Little John Bull and John Bull Wednesday June 3. Meet at staging area for Gold Mountain off of Hwy 18 at 9:15 AM. 1 traction aiding device, minimum 33" tires - 35" preferred, lift and armor, tow hooks, body damage possible. CB channel 23, bring lunch, water and snacks. Run will be capped at 6 vehicles.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Running Gold Mountain, Little John Bull and John Bull Wednesday June 3. Meet at staging area for Gold Mountain off of Hwy 18 at 9:15 AM. 1 traction aiding device, minimum 33" tires - 35" preferred, lift and armor, tow hooks, body damage possible. CB channel 23, bring lunch, water and snacks. Run will be capped at 6 vehicles.
Lloyd, count me in. Thanks, Mark.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just curious on the 33" tire requirements -- would a stock rubicon hard rock with stock 32" KM2's have too much difficulty on these trails?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
GO STEELERS !
2,165 Posts
Just curious on the 33" tire requirements -- would a stock rubicon hard rock with stock 32" KM2's have too much difficulty on these trails?

You would definitely be dragging over some rocks on John Bull. YouTube John Bull. There are some good sized borders to get over. Gold mountain and little John Bull would be fun with your set up but even then you will be scrapping in places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks. I really want to do these trails but it seems prudent I wait until I'm on 35's...

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like the fire is going to impact the area for a few more days, so this run is CANCELLED until the fire is out.

Sorry Mark, maybe next week.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
During the summer I'm usually in Big Bear at least once every 2 weeks and sometimes more often than that so not really missing much. Just hope that the fire doesn't do any damage to the houses and the trails remain open, fingers crossed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts