Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gold Mountain, Little John Bull, explore the Pinnacles area. inimum 33" tires, 35" preferred, 1 traction aiding device, lift and body armor, tow strap & hooks, winch optional but should have, body damage possible. CB channel 23, bring lunch, water and snacks. Stock can make it but body damage is probable. Limit 6 vehicles. Meet at Gold Mountain staging area at 9:15 AM, post up if you are planning to be there.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Gold Mountain, Little John Bull, explore the Pinnacles area. inimum 33" tires, 35" preferred, 1 traction aiding device, lift and body armor, tow strap & hooks, winch optional but should have, body damage possible. CB channel 23, bring lunch, water and snacks. Stock can make it but body damage is probable. Limit 6 vehicles. Meet at Gold Mountain staging area at 9:15 AM, post up if you are planning to be there.
Lloyd, what day are you doing this? Mark

·
Registered
8 Posts
Count me in. See you Saturday morning.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Is Little John Bull and John Bull the same trail? Where are the Pinnacles, do you mean the Trona Pinnacles?
Little John Bull leads into John Bull. The rocks are smaller. It's short but fun. At the end of Little John Bull a right turn takes you towards the gatekeeper for John Bull and left leads you towards the main fire road and the little trail to the Pinnacles. The Pinnacles area is near the end of Little John Bull - as you head towards the center of the valley there are some narrow, twisty trails. None are officially named. There are some large rock piles around there named The Pinnacles.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Glutton for punishment huh! Let me know when you are free and we'll see if we can make something happen.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Little John Bull leads into John Bull. The rocks are smaller. It's short but fun. At the end of Little John Bull a right turn takes you towards the gatekeeper for John Bull and left leads you towards the main fire road and the little trail to the Pinnacles. The Pinnacles area is near the end of Little John Bull - as you head towards the center of the valley there are some narrow, twisty trails. None are officially named. There are some large rock piles around there named The Pinnacles.
This sounds like fun, I'd like to go, but can't make it this weekend. Hit me up in 2 weeks.

I've never those trails in BB.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I'll have to skip this one Lloyd, but have fun with the gang out there. hopefully there will another run somewhere next weekend :)

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Roger & Debbie, Pat & Joyce, Karl, myself & Loralie met up at the Gold Mountain staging area and left at 9:15 to perfect weather. Made it up Gold Mountain with no problems and on to Little John Bull, then on to John Bull to watch 2 other groups try to make it through the gatekeeper while we had lunch and entertainment. After lunch we headed to the Pinnacles watch a few climbers on the rocks and to explore a couple of old mines. Great day, weather and company.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts