Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting closer to pulling the trigger on a new JL Rubicon Unlimited. Will be a second car for many different purposes....including off roading and a few golf junkets are sure to be a regular occurrence. Trying to see how many sets of golf clubs will fit with back seats up.....as we often go with four people and clubs.

With the sub-woofer gone I'm hoping to fit 4 bags behind the rear seat? Possible?

Looked everywhere.....cannot find info on fitting four golfers and clubs in the JL Unlimited??? The next step is to take my clubs to a dealer. Help.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you buy a sliding roof rack? Does it have a hardtop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Been on the fence on tops. I think I will either get the freedom HT or possibly the One Touch. No roof rack. (I cannot believe there is so little info on cargo specs)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why don’t you take your clubs to a Jeep dealer and see? Seems like the easiest way to find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep.....I'm gonna have to do that. Its strange I cannot find this ANYWHERE on the web. I did find some dimensions.....but they are close....to somewhat doubtful? Been hung up at home all day with a bad back......and try as I may this data does not seem to be available. (??)

This is a fairly standard need for allot of people. I fear four sets will not fit and that is somewhat of an issue with me. Maybe not a deal breaker....but it will diminish the versatility.

I like to load two couples and go on a weekend junket that would include some golf and trail riding. Also like to haul my friends and their gear to the golf course.

·
Registered
176 Posts
you can fit 4 sets you have to stack them and remove the drivers from the bags my bag will fit across the back with the driver out but you will need to stack them.

Reactions: foggy47

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you can fit 4 sets you have to stack them and remove the drivers from the bags my bag will fit across the back with the driver out but you will need to stack them.
Thanks ejvette. After finding some measurements.....I have kinda thought this may work out. A few more inches of width would be great.....but pulling the long clubs out is no big deal.

I think I will stop at one of the Jeep dealers to see for myself tho. ;). This vehicle will be headquartered in AZ and we hope to take some trips through the SW U.S. I won't set foot on my local dealers lot.....as he is bad karma.

This jeep has been on the back burner for nearly a year. Lots of trails and ghost towns and mining camps to visit in OZ. If I do too much wheeling.....I fear I will burn out my wife and friends. If I promise a little golf on the trip everyone will be happy.

The cargo size is a bit of a concern for 4 adults with overnight bags and golf clubs......but it may pan out yet. Always a trade-off. One can hope. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bet your back would be happy if they didn't fit:)

Man....today that is sure the case. I have had some major back issues in time gone by......but I've been better for years. Then yesterday.....POW! Mussel spasm's are a pistol. Not lifting any clubs for a few days. FORE!

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
Man....today that is sure the case. I have had some major back issues in time gone by......but I've been better for years. Then yesterday.....POW! Mussel spasm's are a pistol. Not lifting any clubs for a few days. FORE!
Normally I'd say prescription strength Lidocaine patches (they are great) CBD ointment is a miracle of today.
Give it a try. Don't scrimp get some quality stuff.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Don’t let the cargo space hold you back. It’s tight, but you can figure out ways to make it work. Well worth the grins.

For the back, try lying on a heading pad with your knees elevated (rest your calves on an ottoman or coffee table). Then stretch also while lying on your back, starting gently with glutes and hamstrings. Once those start to loosen up, add some basic back stretches. A few times a day for 4-5 days has saved me more than a few times without having to pop pills.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Worst case, maybe just put one or two of the sets in travel bags and strap 'em to a hitch carrier?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Or, hey, maybe consider a JT! :)
Grin. I did consider it early on.....but too much wheelbase for some of the areas I want to go.

I do like the towing ability of the JT and many aspects of this vehicle.....but the Unlimited SUV vehicle is of more interest for us. Hard to have the best of each world.

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
I got a chuckle out of the discussion about the limited room of the 4-door as I've been doing multi-day camping trips with 2-people in my 2-door including gear, coolers, tents etc. stuffed in every nook and cranny.

I just ordered a 4-door for all of the cavernous room that I've been so jealous of :).

·
Registered
297 Posts
Can confirm it's tight and long clubs need to be removed but it can be done. Unfortunately this was a while back and I no longer have any local golf & jeep friends to take a pic.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts