Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
OK ... I saw a few homemade contraptions here that deals with the fact that we constantly drop our sheit between our consoles and our seats. I lost my phone for a day, and was ready to rip the seat out because my hand is too big to fit down there. Are you ready?????

The Drop Stop ... check it out.

Tired of fishing around between your car seats for keys, phones, change and whatever else you've dropped? A pair of handy, one-size-fits-all Drop Stops will solve that problem once and for all. Durable neoprene Drop Stops fit neatly into that shadowy area between the seat and console to plug the gap and prevent drops and distractions. DropStops even move with your seats, so you only have to install them once. Measures 17.5" x 4.9"x 2.7". In Black.

Click below ....

AutoSport Catalog - Drop Stop 800-953-0814

Yea baby ....... :punk::punk: Pure Genius at Work there!!

·
Registered
802 Posts
nice!

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Don't drop stuff? Ok, I just had to say that.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I had my brand new Sidekick in my left pocket in a pair of swishy (basketball) shorts a few years back in Utah (doors and top were off), that slid out of my pocket during a shift and atomized when it hit the road at 55. Now, with my iPhone, I've discovered the workaround. Slide the phone under your... apparatus! Added benefit, you'll never miss a call again!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Slide the phone under your... apparatus! Added benefit said:
Ha, already do that. Funny, when I drop something; I don't care if I'm doing 70 in the rain at night in traffic, I fish for it because it is obviously the thing I need right now otherwise it wouldn't have been in my hand to drop it in the first place. I refuse to pull over .....

·
MARGARET, 10-14-51\6-1-12
10,296 Posts
don't put your cell phone on the dash..... just ask my son...

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
I had my brand new Sidekick in my left pocket in a pair of swishy (basketball) shorts a few years back in Utah (doors and top were off), that slid out of my pocket during a shift and atomized when it hit the road at 55. Now, with my iPhone, I've discovered the workaround. Slide the phone under your... apparatus! Added benefit, you'll never miss a call again!
Make sure you set it to vibrate!

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
My cell phone goes in my Safaristraps cell phone holder on my sport bar. If someone calls the unconnect picks it up.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Place your cell standing up between the parking brake and console, ive left mine and the wifes there during wheeling and they dont move, just make sure to angle it a bit, the material on the parking brake keeps it from sliding around.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Mr. Sinister said:
i let my wife handle the cell phone wrangling. she's really taken a shine to it. weird.
I think its great when im wheeling and she knows when to take my beer outta my hand because some rough terrain is coming up!

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts
Please explain. :rofl: I'm stoopid that way.
Basically....sit on it....on vibrate your junk will inform you loudly that you have a call coming in....your wife, knowing that it is there, will give you repeat calls to let you know that she missus you on long business trips.:p:D

·
Registered
214 Posts
Save your $ for other mods. Instead, buy a piece of 1" pipe insulation...the rubbery kind, not the foamy...cut to lengths and stuff between the seat and console. I've been using this trick for years (see pic). Second, if you have an Iphone, it fits perfectly inbetween the air vent grills. Just wedge it in there and adjust it for view (even works with aux wire attached).

Attachments

·
Registered
398 Posts
willywaxer said:
Save your $ for other mods. Instead, buy a piece of 1" pipe insulation...the rubbery kind, not the foamy...cut to lengths and stuff between the seat and console. I've been using this trick for years (see pic). Second, if you have an Iphone, it fits perfectly inbetween the air vent grills. Just wedge it in there and adjust it for view (even works with aux wire attached).
Haha an iPhone also wedges perfectly under deez n-u-teez... And it's free and startling, in the most pleasant of ways!

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
I guess I am out of the loop too much. When I am driving, my cell is in the console turned off. No mods required.

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Make sure you set it to vibrate!
Basically....sit on it....on vibrate your junk will inform you loudly that you have a call coming in....your wife, knowing that it is there, will give you repeat calls to let you know that she missus you on long business trips.:p:D
:rolleyes: That is what I do....works WONDERS. :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts