Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a very can have many differ answers, I'm just wanting different experiences.

I bought my YJ almost a year ago now and it came with tires and rims off a JK Sahara. 18 inch rims and I believe a 32 inch A/T tire. They've done pretty well on the trail and very well on the road and in snow. I have a little money to put new rims and mud tires on for a summer set. I want something that will give me extra bite on the trail but not be horrible on the street. It's not my daily driver but I do drive it alot and I drive it 2 hours to an off road park sometimes. I also don't want to break the bank with this.

What I'm getting is a plain 15 inch steel rim and either 31 or 32 inch mud tire. What are some suggestions please.:worthy:

·
Registered
168 Posts
I second the Cooper STT's ive got a set of the 33s on my jeep and they drive extremely well in everything i have encountered so far, and they are pretty quiet on road. they seem to be wearing quite well also, i have roughly 15k on them and i had a guy last week ask me if i put new tires on the jeep cause they still look almost brand new

·
Registered
478 Posts
Curious, How are the Cooper SSTs in snow? And does anyone have experience with Interco Irok ND? Any good?

·
Registered
889 Posts
I've got the Dick Cepek Extreme Country's in 33" I haven't got to try them out in the mud yet but they are well rated tires and good looking tread pattern. I got a set of 4 shipped on Ebay for $700

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
Yes, they are all mine. They are 30x9.50 on that one. 31x10.50 on the trooper. All stock wheels.

I don't do 32x11.50s on any of my stuff. It's too big. The only way I roll is with the skinny tires. 235/85-16s.

Or 215/85-16

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like the skinny's, I hope I can get some that skinny with 32 inch height.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Check out Kumho KL71 tires 32x11.5 15
Compared to Falken A/T Wild Peak 30x9.5 15
I think I'm gonna get these in 33x12.5 15. The price seems right and it had alot of good reviews. The website I found them on only listed them in the 12.5 wide at 33. I'm hoping the dealer I order them through can get a narrower one.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
You can get some Interco's in 33x9.50, I know the Bogger's come in this size, but they not good on road.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Look into the BFG KM2. I ran a set of 33x10.50's for 3 years and just replaced them with Ko2's but the jk's had 30k miles and still had 6/32 left
yep, I ran the 255/80-17s (10.5" wide) forever. I know you are looking at 15s, but the KM2s come skinny and work well.

·
Registered
146 Posts
X2 on the BFG Ko2's. have them on my 91YJ as weel as on my 1/2 Chevy 4WD truck.
Great tires

1 - 20 of 22 Posts