Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to put my lift on and was curious who you guys have used for an alignment ... i am going with the Jspec 2.5" kit and am going to have adjustable sway bar links and front and rear track bars. looking for a place that knows Jeeps preferably.

Thanks,

Eric

·
Registered
161 Posts
Talk to Larry at East Granby Automotive. He is a jeeper and a great mechanic.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just a quick update...

I was planning on doing the lift myself with the help of a few friends as well as kjeeper10 offering to help.

After a bunch of research and no free weekends for a while I went to M&M Automotive in Simsbury and had Ryan (Jeep and Truck enthusiast) do the lift and Alignment.

A very fair price considering the extras I had asked for to include Front Driveshaft replaced, Rear Track bar Bracket welded on, Adjustable sway bar links front and rear, Adjustable Track bars for the front and rear. I also had them replace the bolts using the Northridge4x4 kit and switch my Manual Trans fluid to the AMSOIL that I brought them

Ryan dialed in everything during the alignment until it was perfect.

The lift looks and feels great ... the Jeep drives straight... and there is no more play in the steering

I highly recommend them and would also like to publicly thank KJeeper10 for the offer to help ... it is much appreciated

M&M Automotive in Simsbury, CT

It is the shop on 1260 Hopmeadow... not the other one.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thanks for the info 2000army, always good to find good local shops!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info 2000army, always good to find good local shops!
Your telling me... A lot of the shops I went to had no idea what they were talking about and the good Jeep specific shops were priced so high I was going to do it myself. I'm not saying M&M was the cheapest but they were not ridiculous and the guy answered every question I had about the upcoming work to my satisfaction.

Nothing better than finding someone who is passionate about the field they work in and who actually looked forward to working on my Jeep. That is what sold me.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just a quick update...

I was planning on doing the lift myself with the help of a few friends as well as kjeeper10 offering to help.

After a bunch of research and no free weekends for a while I went to M&M Automotive in Simsbury and had Ryan (Jeep and Truck enthusiast) do the lift and Alignment.

A very fair price considering the extras I had asked for to include Front Driveshaft replaced, Rear Track bar Bracket welded on, Adjustable sway bar links front and rear, Adjustable Track bars for the front and rear. I also had them replace the bolts using the Northridge4x4 kit and switch my Manual Trans fluid to the AMSOIL that I brought them

Ryan dialed in everything during the alignment until it was perfect.

The lift looks and feels great ... the Jeep drives straight... and there is no more play in the steering

I highly recommend them and would also like to publicly thank KJeeper10 for the offer to help ... it is much appreciated

M&M Automotive in Simsbury, CT

It is the shop on 1260 Hopmeadow... not the other one.

Ryan has moved to NY so I am now looking for a new Jeep Mechanic as my new go to

1 - 10 of 10 Posts