Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sold my 2013 Sahara stock wheels + tires (all 5) for a total of $850.

Good deal/Bad Deal?

*I know it's all said and done now, but I just want to know so that I make good deals in the future.

How much do the stock tires sell for usually?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Like you said; it's all said and done. I feel like people get way to hung up on making sure the get top $ for everything. Could you have got $1k to 1100... Maybe. Did you need them? Are you hurting for money? If not then I would say its a good deal.
When I sell something and I really don't need the money I set a fair price and let it go to the right buyer for a good price. I sold a dirt bike (my pit bike) to a man for his son for $150, the bike was worth 800 plus. But it was a good guy and his son used that bike for a few years. I consider that a good deal for the both of us. Don't beat yourself up over a few bucks... It's not worth it.

·
Registered
474 Posts
yellow04tj said:
like you said; it's all said and done. I feel like people get way to hung up on making sure the get top $ for everything. Could you have got $1k to 1100... Maybe. Did you need them? Are you hurting for money? If not then i would say its a good deal.
When i sell something and i really don't need the money i set a fair price and let it go to the right buyer for a good price. I sold a dirt bike (my pit bike) to a man for his son for $150, the bike was worth 800 plus. But it was a good guy and his son used that bike for a few years. I consider that a good deal for the both of us. Don't beat yourself up over a few bucks... It's not worth it.
+1

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Like you said; it's all said and done. I feel like people get way to hung up on making sure the get top $ for everything. Could you have got $1k to 1100... Maybe. Did you need them? Are you hurting for money? If not then I would say its a good deal.
When I sell something and I really don't need the money I set a fair price and let it go to the right buyer for a good price. I sold a dirt bike (my pit bike) to a man for his son for $150, the bike was worth 800 plus. But it was a good guy and his son used that bike for a few years. I consider that a good deal for the both of us. Don't beat yourself up over a few bucks... It's not worth it.
Good point.
I always tend to save my time more than money. Getting rid of those tires was more important for me than $150.
For me closing a deal at your doorstep for $150 less is a better deal than potentially stocking the tires, posting on websites and hope for a buyer to turn up while waste your time in trying to find one.

I'm very new to the Jeep world and relatively new to the US. Just trying to get a hang of things as I'll be dealing a lot more now :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts