Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case anyone's looking for a good, inexpensive solution to adding a 2 channel amp to power a bass subwoofer in their Wrangler?

Best Buy is doing a clearance blowout right now on a Kenwood 300 watt class D bridgeable amp that's been tested and confirmed to output even more than its rated wattage:

Kenwood 300W Class D Bridgeable Multichannel MOSFET Amplifier Gray KAC-M3004 - Best Buy

$64.99 is unbeatable, if you can locate one ....

·
Super Moderator
2,768 Posts
Really good price! I ended up exchanging mine last week and deciding. I wanted a little more power and bate wire connections. Not saying it's not powerful. I saw a video online. The amp is underrated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
799 Posts
I bought two alpine amps and a sub from best buy last week. I chose the pay online and pickup at my local store route. They all showed in stock at my store. About 30 minutes after the order I got a message telling me one of the amps was delayed. I went to my accoun tand made changes to the options for the item. Their system still showed that it was in stock at my store. I "changed" the pickup to my store (it already was) and about 30 minutes later I got a pickup ready confirmation for that amp as well. Hrmmmm....

I was surprised that they had the same or very similar price on their amps and speakers when compared to crutchfield $$$ and sonic electronix. I've been hosed by enough ebay and amazon sellers that I'm not always looking for the lowest price anymore. Best Buy about scared me off from using their buy online and pickup in store after this last little charade.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
re: Best Buy

Yeah ... Best Buy definitely has some issues with their whole inventory tracking system.

The last few times I've tried to buy something at a store after verifying the web site indicated the store had the item in stock -- it's been a battle actually getting my hands on it.

For example, I needed to grab an APC 1500VA battery backup for my work, just yesterday. The store near them supposedly had it in stock. When I got there, there were none of them on the shelf. I asked for assistance but the guy told me "If it's not out on the shelf, it usually means we're out of it. But I'll go in back and check." After I waited a while, he returned saying he didn't find any. I was about to leave when a second "blue shirt" guy asked if I needed assistance. I explained what I was after but said someone already checked for me and couldn't find it. He said, "Well.... let me check one more place, because I work in computers and he doesn't." Sure enough ... he located it, high above the shelves, near the back of the store.

I bought two alpine amps and a sub from best buy last week. I chose the pay online and pickup at my local store route. They all showed in stock at my store. About 30 minutes after the order I got a message telling me one of the amps was delayed. I went to my accoun tand made changes to the options for the item. Their system still showed that it was in stock at my store. I "changed" the pickup to my store (it already was) and about 30 minutes later I got a pickup ready confirmation for that amp as well. Hrmmmm....

I was surprised that they had the same or very similar price on their amps and speakers when compared to crutchfield $$$ and sonic electronix. I've been hosed by enough ebay and amazon sellers that I'm not always looking for the lowest price anymore. Best Buy about scared me off from using their buy online and pickup in store after this last little charade.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts