Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking for my very first vehicle (Looking at all models from Jeep, F-150 and Escape from Ford, Chevy blazer, etc right now heavily leaning toward the Jeep Wrangler) and I stumbled across this beauty:

1987 Jeep Wrangler, Used Cars For Sale - Carsforsale.com

Is this a good deal? Yes? No?

My price range is 2,000-6,500. Obviously for a first car I don't want it to be new (the newest I'll probably go is 03) but I'll consider any car no matter how old (to an extent) as long as it's in decent shape.

Thanks for the help! :)

ETA-I'm asking because I'm pretty clueless at this (I'm learning but still).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah the deal seems fair, tires look pretty low on tread also. How many miles? They arnt listed. I just got my 99 sport a few months ago for 6800 and it took me about 6 months to find. You can find good prices if you can wait but it depends if you need it now or can wait it out. All the best deals go pretty fast tho so you have to act quick.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I'd have a hard time paying $5K plus for an 87 carbed YJ, regardless of condition. You should be able to find a 93+ EFI 4.0 for that price.

·
Administrator
30,781 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.

Honestly that seems a little high for an 87. I would think that you could go a little newer for 6,000. They are even showing on that ad that the going price for a 97 (10 yrs newer) is only 7,000. If it were me, I'd continue to look, but that's just my opinion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts