Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - so I'm at the point where I need to make a decision, here is where I'm at...

I have a 98 TJ that I use as a daily driver (114k miles), it looks good but has a few rust spots - I took it to a body place and they can make it look new for about $2500 which I'm okay with BUT I am concerned with rust on the frame and a loud clicking/banging sound when I turn under power.

I need to determine what is wrong with the front end but I can't find someone local (I live in Marshfield) that really knows jeeps - I've been to 2 places and I've been told they "can't see anything wrong" and "could be anything" so I don't have a lot of confidence with them.

Can someone recommend a mechanic on the south shore that really knows jeeps?
I know this has been asked before and I've read through a bunch of threads that were older and didn't see anything local to me or current.
Thanks!

·
Registered
117 Posts
There is a place in Sagamore Beach that does work on Jeeps I have not used them yet ( just haven't had the need. The are called South Shore Customs. They may be able to help.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Western mass here... not sure how far you want to travel. Martin's Auto in Belchertown. Righteous dude... would trust my Ferrari with him (if I had one) ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Western mass is too far but thanks for the information - I'm still on the hunt for a good 4WD mechanic near Marshfield... I'll got to Sagamore beach if I have too but that is still 40+ minutes away. Gotta be somebody closer??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts